5 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » Rules

Subject: (Solved) Two questions about the Pre-Release Tournament rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the Pre-Release Tournament, can players only use their starter decks or are they allowed to use the 3 random cards they get during setup? (Solved: only starter decks)
2. Is there prize support for the Pre-Release Tournament? (Solved: no)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Two questions about the Pre-Release Tournament
luiginumber1 wrote:
1. In the Pre-Release Tournament, can players only use their starter decks or are they allowed to use the 3 random cards they get during setup?
2. Is there prize support for the Pre-Release Tournament?

The point of the Pre-Release Tournament is that it's an introduction for newer players. You only use the Starter deck and no random cards.

There is also no prize support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Two questions about the Pre-Release Tournament
Thanks. Some follow-up questions:
1) Do the players get their 3 random cards after the pre-release or are they skipped and the only random cards they should have are the 6 random cards given out before deckbuilding?
2) In a game with a pre-release tournament, does this mean that prize cards are only given out once? (I assume yes.)
3) In a game without a pre-release, do the players get a total of 9 random cards (3 from setup + 6 from the start of deckbuilding) before they start deckbuilding? (I assume yes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Two questions about the Pre-Release Tournament (edit: and some follow-up questions)
luiginumber1 wrote:
Thanks. Some follow-up questions:
1) Do the players get their 3 random cards after the pre-release or are they skipped and the only random cards they should have are the 6 random cards given out before deckbuilding?
2) In a game with a pre-release tournament, does this mean that prize cards are only given out once? (I assume yes.)
3) In a game without a pre-release, do the players get a total of 9 random cards (3 from setup + 6 from the start of deckbuilding) before they start deckbuilding? (I assume yes.)

1) If you follow the rules literally, then the players get their first 3 random cards as part of the setup, so before the prerelease tournament. However, since the point of that tournament is to have players familiarise themselves with the tournament concepts, and they don't get to play those three additional cards yet, I think it makes a lot more sense to only hand out those cards after the tournament, maybe as a "prize support". Remember that the point of the prerelease tournament is to teach the game. It's up to you how you think that works best with your group.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.