Subject: Animals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am in the process of creating a guide for this game. Some of these that I am listing are clearly stated in the book, I just wanted to try to list everything so if I do miss anything it can be added. So please correct me if I am wrong on anything, or add info I may have missed. We are doing a 2 player basic game, So if anything applies to 3+ that I didn't include (Furnishing tile abilities) that would be why.

Donkeys, Sheep, Cattle, and wild boar can have 2 in a small pasture, 4 in a large pasture. - Each doubled to 4(sm) or 8(lg) if it has a stable.

Donkeys, and Cattle can have 1 in a meadow only with a Stable

Wild Boar can have 1 in a forest only with a stable

Dogs can be anywhere but if with animals only with sheep. Must be 1 less
dog than sheep. Does this mean sheep must be placed
before dog if going on a pasture/ meadow? Or if a dog is there then only a sheep can be placed there? (I do know that animals can be rearranged at any time and i am just being really specific here)

Donkeys can have 1 in each Ore and Ruby Mine

Only 1 type of animal allowed per tile- not complete territory(If i have 3 single meadow tiles next to each other, can 1 of them hold a cattle, 1 of them hold a sheep, and 1 of them hold a donkey given that the cattle and donkey have a stable?)

If only one animal type can be on a space, then why does the rules say we cannot use a dog to keep sheep in a pasture that also holds other animals?- of course this may be answered with the previous question.

Then entry level room hold two of the same animal (Any type except dog?)

Breakfast room holds up to three cattle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftyrea wrote:

I believe, this applies to sheep and wild boar too.
Leftyrea wrote:
Dogs can be anywhere but if with animals only with sheep. Must be 1 less dog than sheep. Does this mean sheep must be placed before dog if going on a pasture/ meadow? Or if a dog is there then only a sheep can be placed there? (I do know that animals can be rearranged at any time and i am just being really specific here)

Well, if you want to be very strict about that, I would say that first you have to place dog(s) in a pasture/meadow and then you are allowed to place up to <dog number>+1 sheep. But does it really matters as long as there are enough dogs to guard the sheep at the end of the rearrangement?
Leftyrea wrote:
Only 1 type of animal allowed per tile- not complete territory(If i have 3 single meadow tiles next to each other, can 1 of them hold a cattle, 1 of them hold a sheep, and 1 of them hold a donkey given that the cattle and donkey have a stable?)

You are not entirely correct here. If you have 3 single meadows next to each other, each of them can hold a different animal. However, if you have a large pasture spanning two squares, you can hold only a single type of animal in it. Or do you mean that a large pasture is only a single tile? I think putting it that way might be confusing. Because, if speaking strictly, meadow is usually just half of a tile. I always think a tile is the small square and not the tile you place on one or two squares.
Leftyrea wrote:

There is no point in keeping dogs in a starting dwelling, because they can be kept anywhere on the board. But if you wish, I believe you can keep them there too. If rules say "animal", they mean any animal. If they say "farm animal", they mean any animal, except dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
Leftyrea wrote:

Leftyrea wrote:
Dogs can be anywhere but if with animals only with sheep. Must be 1 less dog than sheep. Does this mean sheep must be placed before dog if going on a pasture/ meadow? Or if a dog is there then only a sheep can be placed there? (I do know that animals can be rearranged at any time and i am just being really specific here)

Well, if you want to be very strict about that, I would say that first you have to place dog(s) in a pasture/meadow and then you are allowed to place up to <dog number>+1 sheep. But does it really matters as long as there are enough dogs to guard the sheep at the end of the rearrangement?
Leftyrea wrote:

You are not entirely correct here. If you have 3 single meadows next to each other, each of them can hold a different animal. However, if you have a large pasture spanning two squares, you can hold only a single type of animal in it. Or do you mean that a large pasture is only a single tile? I think putting it that way might be confusing. Because, if speaking strictly, meadow is usually just half of a tile. I always think a tile is the small square and not the tile you place on one or two squares.
Leftyrea wrote:

There is no point in keeping dogs in a starting dwelling, because they can be kept anywhere on the board. But if you wish, I believe you can keep them there too. If rules say "animal", they mean any animal. If they say "farm animal", they mean any animal, except dog.

Thanks a bunch for your responses! super helpful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
Leftyrea wrote:

Leftyrea wrote:

Well, if you want to be very strict about that...

There is no rule to be strict about here. There is no concept of timing when you’re rearranging animals. They just have to be in a valid configuration when you’re done.

Quote:
Leftyrea wrote:

You’re making things more confusing here. There’s no such thing as half a tile. A Large Pasture IS a single tile. In this game tiles are physical tiles that can be either one or two squares in size. When the rules refer to a tile they mean an entire physical tile regardless of its size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Juliusan wrote:
Leftyrea wrote:

Leftyrea wrote:

Well, if you want to be very strict about that...

There is no rule to be strict about here. There is no concept of timing when you’re rearranging animals. They just have to be in a valid configuration when you’re done.

Quote:
Leftyrea wrote:

You’re making things more confusing here. There’s no such thing as half a tile. A Large Pasture IS a single tile. In this game tiles are physical tiles that can be either one or two squares in size. When the rules refer to a tile they mean an entire physical tile regardless of its size.

Thank you for your response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Davis
msg tools
"Each doubled to 4(sm) or 8(lg) if it has a stable."

You can also double a large pasture to 16 if it has two stables.

"Donkeys, and Cattle can have 1 in a meadow only with a Stable"

Sheep and boars can also live in meadow stables (again, one per stable).

"Dogs can be anywhere but if with animals only with sheep. Must be 1 less dog than sheep."

The limit is on the number of sheep, not the number of dogs. I would say:
dogs can go anywhere and do not count as "farm animals" (and do not breed); sheep can be placed on unfenced meadows as long as they are accompanied by dogs and the number of sheep is no more than (number of dogs)+1.

"I do know that animals can be rearranged at any time"

Yes; you can rearrange animals at any time as long as they're all legally placed when you're done rearranging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lewandowski
United States
St. Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the rules I have questions about is the Dog/Sheep.

It seems odd that a stabled small pasture can hold 4 sheep.
The same meadow, without fences/stables could hold 7 dogs and 8 sheep (or even more.)

One of my friends claims that you can only use dogs in ONE of your unfenced meadows (ie. All of your meadows count as 1) but the rules don't exactly read that way either... SO could you have 2 open meadows, each with 3 dogs and 4 sheep?? (Total, 6 and 8 instead of just 6 and 7) I think so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friend is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.