Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In my first edition booklet the following sentence is included in Section 9.63:

"Each player begins with zero victory points."

How do I apply this? I can place the markers at zero for all three parties and start playing, but does this mean that at the end of the game, when tallying VP's, the clandestine networks and political markers already placed on the board (as per section 9.64 Setup) do NOT give VP's at the end op the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
Interesting, Tom: the alternate score-board which you had printed out does show the starting score for the three powers in the tournament game (I remember you were wondering about that).

See you at the conference table in less than two hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
Interesting, Tom: the alternate score-board which you had printed out does show the starting score for the three powers in the tournament game (I remember you were wondering about that).

See you at the conference table in less than two hours!

...we can have a look at that, but I do not think they match the total vp's. Nonetheless, I think that is my answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
What it means is you start with no previously accumulated VPs (i.e. winning conferences), technically your political and clandestine markers do not give you any VPs until the end of the game anyway so this statement doesn't change that.

The "starting" scores marked on the scoring track are not actually scores, they are potential scores since most VPs are only actually counted at the end.

In other words, players start the tournament scenario with no "actual" VPs, but if you are using the scoring track during the game to track "current" score then you would count all political/clandestine markers as per usual. Just keep in mind the "current" score is a bit of a misnomer because those points haven't technically been scored yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.