2 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition): Unbreakable Bonds» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lyanthas Warband Surge Ability Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Vice
msg tools
Hi there

last time we played Runebound there was the Lyanthas Warband in play.
It got 2 abilities to spend surges for.

1) For 1 Surge add the elite token to the tokenpool

2) For 2 surges self heal 1 damage and then the enemy (player) can discard two of the enemy tokens

So, first of all imho the 1) ability is way stronger because the token stays till the end of the fight so its weird that its cost are just 1. But the real problem for us was the fact that the enemy trickster got only 1 token with surges and it grants 2. So it will always use the 2) ability because they will always prioritise the abaility with the higher surge cost!? And when the trickster got 3 surges is the time when he already got the elite token in his pool...which is the 3rd surge from. Do we missunderstand something?

Another thing was the fact that the 2) ability will always be used, as long as the effect changes the game in any way. So that means the enemy will use the 2) ability even if he cannot heal himself but the player can still remove 2 tokens from the enemy pool.

Maybe this i intented to make the fight more easy but it feels really weird if so.

Thx for any answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vice
msg tools
Damn i messed arround with the 2) ability...
It says: Heal 1 damage form the enemy (player) and then he must discard 2 of his tokens.

" ...you should spend as many as it takes to trigger the most expensive (surge) ability on the enemy that has not been triggered this combat round."
"̉ If the (surge) ability that would be triggered would have no effect (i.e., nothing changes in the game state other than the removal of the (surge) tokens),..."

But still...
Does the enemy still have to use the most expensive surge skill...even if it is worse than the cheaper on!?
If the player got no tokens left the enemy have to use the skill to heal the player which is still a change to the game!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.