Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Player -- Question about Progress Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I am new to the game and playing with the Core Set for now. My question is about progress tokens on quest cards.

I understand that if you make extra progress on a quest (i.e., more than enough to advance the quest), you lose the extra progress -- it does NOT go on the next quest card.

But, am I correct, that if you make more progress than needed to fully explore the active location, the extra progress does go on the current quest card? I am pretty sure that is the case, but checking to make sure.

Thank you!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You’ve got it right. Excess progress tokens on a quest do not carry over, but they do from location cards.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim burns
msg tools
mbmb
Also you can put more progress tokens on a quest card beyond it's printed quest points. There are some encounter cards that remove progress tokens so it's a good idea to pile them on the quest just in case.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys! Really enjoying this game so far.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Demers
United States
Douglas
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
“A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.” ~Sador, The Children of Hurin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoccoTerrier wrote:
Thanks guys! Really enjoying this game so far.


It's a great game! If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gilner
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
sch21c wrote:
You’ve got it right. Excess progress tokens on a quest do not carry over, but they do from location cards.


Do they from all location cards, or just the active location? And this is just progress from questing, not from player card effects, correct?

I was under the impression it was only progress from questing (and thus usually progress on the active location) that carried over to the quest card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Higgins
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do they from all location cards, or just the active location? And this is just progress from questing, not from player card effects, correct?

I was under the impression it was only progress from questing (and thus usually progress on the active location) that carried over to the quest card.

Just the active location.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magumba wrote:
sch21c wrote:
You’ve got it right. Excess progress tokens on a quest do not carry over, but they do from location cards.


Do they from all location cards, or just the active location? And this is just progress from questing, not from player card effects, correct?

I was under the impression it was only progress from questing (and thus usually progress on the active location) that carried over to the quest card.

You're correct, it's only progress from questing that carries over from the active location to the current quest stage.

Progress placed directly by card effects that "place X progress on a location" does not carry over, even if it was placed on the active location.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.