Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a really hard game to win? I've played 4 times (solo), only once did I make it to Irkusk, but I dragged in wounded without many cards. The other times, I haven't even gotten close. Just takes too many turns to get anything done, and Ogareff advances so quickly. Nadia doesn't seem useful until the very end, when you have more abilities, Martha only at the end, Michael requires two of his cards... so the "allies" seem limited in usefulness.

Any tips? I've read through the rules a few times, and I don't think I'm missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a hard game. I haven't won yet, or even made it to Irkutsk solo. One game Ivan was speeding along at 2-3 spaces every turn, there was no way I could catch up. I know people have won, though.

I wonder if playing multiplayer even makes a difference though, as there's nothing that slows Ivan down, and not any player interaction. Has anyone who's played solo and with others confirm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshx wrote:
It's a hard game. I haven't won yet, or even made it to Irkutsk solo. One game Ivan was speeding along at 2-3 spaces every turn, there was no way I could catch up. I know people have won, though.

I wonder if playing multiplayer even makes a difference though, as there's nothing that slows Ivan down, and not any player interaction. Has anyone who's played solo and with others confirm?

Whew, it's not just me.
I read this thread: [thread=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1901295/ending-seems-anti-c...][/thread] and thought...am I doing something wrong? The one time I made it to Irkutsk, Ogareff was moving one space most of the time, and I had lucky card draws...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a tough game. I've only won it once. That was playing solo.

The key to succeeding was making sure to collect powers as much as I could. Helped to keep the health up and a hand full of cards. There were a few times when I could have resolved two cards by removing dangers, but I chose to only do one card. Doing the next card on the next turn (a bit of a gamble), let me to get both cards as powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignosis Gael
msg tools
Joshx wrote:
, as there's nothing that slows Ivan down, and not any player interaction. Has anyone who's played solo and with others confirm?

in resolving dangers together the players should´nt resolves danger with the cards where Ogareff moves forward 2-3 spaces avoiding to shuffles them back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.