Hide
3 Posts

Kepler-3042» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activating Medals rule missing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Pinter
msg tools
I bought the game yesterday, and played it with 4 players and quite enjoyed it.

However, I'm confused by the rule 3b (Award Medals) in Clean-up that talks about accumulating medals on the progress card during the round. The only reference I find about placing medals on the progress card suggests that one should move medals from the Leadership Tracks to the progress card and it was only as a parenthetical reference to "Medals are Activated (i.e., placed on the progress card) normally when reached,..." in the Changes to Gameplay subsection in the Rules for Solitaire Play section.

We played the game thinking that the player who reached the medal on the Leadership track collected it upon reaching it, and that the progress card behaviors would result in medals from the supply getting placed on the cards - but that doesn't happen.

Am I missing an "Activate Medals" section in the rules or was it omitted? Can someone clarify how the medals are supposed to end up on the progress cards during a round, so that they can be Cleaned Up, as described?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the leadership medals are placed on the current progress card when reached, and only doled out at round's end. This means that it is possible for Player A to 'activate' a medal on a leadership track, but then for Player B to surpass them on that track before the round's end, and so claim the medal.

From the LEADERSHIP TRACK BONUSES - DETAILS section on page 13: "If your marker reaches or passes a space with a medal on it, you must immediately place that medal on the revealed progress card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pinter
msg tools
Yup... there it is - plain as day. I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.