Subject: Workers - what number do I write on the sheet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use a worker, what number do I mark on the sheet - the one I rolled, or the one I turned it into by using the worker?

For example, let's say I rolled a blue 3. But I want to complete a blue area, so I use a worker to turn it into a blue 5. Do I write a 3 or a 5 on the sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
You write down the number after modification.

So in your example, you write a 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Is this stated in the rules somewhere? Or a "common sense" decision? (I've handled it the same but wasn't sure if it was correct.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I can't find it anywhere in the rules, or the examples. But I'm pretty sure that's the correct way to play.

It's implied that you use a worker to modify a die value BEFORE using it, and you use a die by entering its value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's more or less in the rules when it says the worker is similar to the monk and the monk clearly states you're changing the color of the die (virtually, not physically) to make a more useful combination.

Monk:
Use a monk by checking off one previously circled purple space (either next to the purple hex or next to the green hex). Using a monk lets you change the color of a die to any other color to build a useful combination with a pip value.
Attention:
You don’t actually change the color of a die; other players may only use the rolled colors! The same rule applies when using a worker bonus.

Worker:
These work similar to monks. By checking off a worker you may change one pip value to whatever you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.