Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimensione Arcana
Italy
Moretta
Cuneo
flag msg tools
mb
So far i'm at my 9 game of the story, and fot the first time I find something really annoying. I just discovered that I cannot build anymore on an income building... yes, if you read the game's Faq for an answer, as I did, you'll sure find that you can fill your Peryl glory bonus on your charter's box and remove the peril and then build on it, but I think this is really too difficult, for example i've just started filling a new glory bonus so it will take me at least two games to have this possibility.
Isn't far easier to slightly change the effect of income buildings so that a player who paid the cost can choose wheter to put the influence token away or onto the building?
I think that pay the building cost to get nothing at all if not the possibility to build over it is already enough.
To clarify I understand that if any opponent use it I won't ever be able to build on it, but the building I'm talking about has been ignored by every player since construction.

I'd really like to know players' and possibly author's opinion on this, thank you for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My general opinion about house rules is that if you test them and they make the game more fun for your group, I'm happy for you to use them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ B
msg tools
I believe a rule is that if you don't want the benefit of a building you don't have to take it, as long as you still pay the cost... so it seems logical that you can go to your building, pay the cost, and then just not take the benefit of putting your influence token on the building. Maybe you still have to spend the influence token to the supply, but at least then you could build over the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ: That is true, but you must still pay the cost, and the cost for income buildings is to take an influence token from your personal supply and place it on the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearing buildings so you could build over them was the peak use of the Peril glory ability in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.