8 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unexpected questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KingRalph KingRalph
msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I finished Act 1 again last night but this time with the troll ending (super fun, probably my favorite so far). We ran into an issue at the very end that we really haven’t had before. Too much stuff.

My question is, items on the ground were able to be picked up but once we got the rewards for finishing the quest we couldn’t hold it all anymore. How does this work? Do we have to drop our our stuff to get the rewards (which I take to be after the quest) or do we get to keep everything and just put whatever we don’t want into our stash?

We dropped a lot of stuff to keep what we got as rewards. Then looking at the first quest of arcane portal it says we can’t go to the emporium. Does that mean we cant drop items off at the stash? That makes the next scenario really hard in terms of having a lot of items for the stash that we just have to carry around.

Lastly, and really unrelated. Now that there are many more backpacks available for purchase is there a limit on how many each hero can have? Can my mage have 4 backpacks and just be the pack mule for the team?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Spoilers (you should use the spoiler tag re: endings).

But per the FAQ you can only grab stuff at the end up to your inventory capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it means that you can't drop stuff in the stash. I hardly use the stash, I usually sell the stuff I don't want, mostly to not have to track stash items =).

This is a super tiny spoiler:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In that quest is should be OK to have quite a lot of things in your inventory in the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Malama wrote:
Yes, it means that you can't drop stuff in the stash. I hardly use the stash, I usually sell the stuff I don't want, mostly to not have to track stash items =).

If you play by RAW you shuffle the treasure deck at the beginning of each quest. And if you also play without Shae the rogue, the stash is your only means of changing the odds of drawing something useful from the treasure deck. Drop anything shoddy you don't want to draw over and over again (e.g. stuff your party cannot use) in your stash. This makes it at least a bit more likely that you'll draw something useful with your next treasure draw.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KingRalph KingRalph
msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay I agree with you. It just sucks dropping all of our healing potions and bandages that we spent good money for just to keep items we intend to stash. Gorkar’s strategy is key. Otherwise you just end up getting the same useless items over and over again. This is why we are willing to get rid of all of our stuff to pick up the useless stuff just to stash it all. It just sucks that we are now full of items we can’t use and can’t rebuy our potions going into AP.

What about the bags? Can each hero hold as many bags as they want?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingRalph111 wrote:

What about the bags? Can each hero hold as many bags as they want?

Limited by the actual number of cards, so doesn't really work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KingRalph KingRalph
msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess I was saying, can a single hero hold all 4 emporium bags if they wanted to? Are there any restrictions to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
There's no restriction. But you can't use both sides of a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.