Subject: Ordering Painted Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, I posted this question in another thread, but realized it was an old thread from last year and you might not see it. Apologies to everyone for duplicating question.

You mentioned you may have some extra painted minis available. How might one find out about this, how might one order a set, and how much would it be?

I Kickstarted everything else (expansion, alt. art, etc.) but couldn't stretch the budget for the minis last year. This year I may be able to do so, so I'm inquiring about the possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question David. If that's a possibility, I'd love to order a set. Like you, at the time I wasn't able to drop the money on the game plus painted minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Medford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd love to order the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
For new retail customers, we are going to see what we have left and let people know when they are available. Payment will be via PayPal, and each set of 21 Painted Miniatures will be $50.

For our existing Kickstarter Backers, if you act quickly (as in, sometime on Sunday), I will see if I can add it to your existing order for the original Kickstarter rate of $40. Email me asap at aparks@quixoticgames.com

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered that I had ordered the painted minis through the BakerKit. It wasn't on my receipt from Kickstarter, so I had forgotten about it. Then the shipping order arrived, and there it was. Whole package arrives next Tuesday, painted minis and all! Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S

East Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it like 0 games come with painted minis? The value is TREMENDOUS to the game for me. The only other one I can think of is Xia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S

East Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello painted minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Delta Walker wrote:
Why is it like 0 games come with painted minis? The value is TREMENDOUS to the game for me. The only other one I can think of is Xia.

Well, there's always HeroClix. Are you really not familiar with the Clix figures?? If you're not, you can buy them in bulk on eBay for cheap.

Anyway, while HeroScape was around, the price for prepainted mini's was a fraction of today's costs. Oil prices rose, raising the price of plastic, Chinese wages rose, raising the price of labor, etc. Also, if you're following the discussion on Hellos' Sundrop painting service, some BGG'ers are complaining about the paint job. HeroClix doesn't get many compliments for its paint job, either. Right now, HeroClix is the major seller of prepainted miniatures, but you have to buy random packs, and the miniatures are $3+ each, retail.

I figure companies want to keep the costs down for their games, and not including a paint job is one of them. If you're seen the Pathfinder miniatures sets, they're six figures for $25. Just imagine the nerdrage if every game with even six miniatures was $20 more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.