Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin O
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious to see if there is a best order, players have found, in which to Innovate (first, second, third ect.) if you simply had the option to Innovate what you wanted each year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Judge
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Symposium first for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy forum: https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/421590/kingdom-death-monster...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can decide what to innovate each year, Symposium loses its priority. You get it only when you need nightmare training.

Also, you can get government fairly earlier, since its deck clogging is not relevant if you can choose what to innovate next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
I always like symposium early to give me flexibility moving forward. Early on, getting things that increase survival limit and departing survival are pretty big. You can probably skip inner lantern for a bit since you just won't have the survival to be surging frequently, though I've got one campaign in lantern year 7 or 8 now and it hasn't shown back up which is starting to make things more difficult than it should be. Dash is really good so you'll want paint. Nightmare training is really good to have but again, not worthwhile early since it takes 3 survival to even use and you'll want at least 1 more than that to avoid death. I've gotten a lot of use out of drums in my sotf campaign since I'll often have leftover endeavors to spend and giving every melee user sync strike and rythym chaser isn't a bad way to dump them. But you typically don't want to continually increase the size of your innovation deck if you're targeting specific ones. Stick to ones that don't add more to the deck until you've got what you want, then expand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I prioritize Paint, Symposium, Inner Lantern, in that order, and will always take those over others. Pretty much everything else is based on what we currently want (survival cap, survival regen, things to spend endeavors on, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep telling myself that I should get Symposium first, but when I am given the chance, I always take Paint over it.

It is not a lot rational, but if I secure Dash, I can take over monsters slightly tougher than what the equipment would suggest, and I am too used to position my survivors at leisure to pass it on.

Anyway, Symposium is a priority, and is less important the more you proceed in the timeline.

Paint and Inner Lantern are your other priorities. A lot of people prefers surge, I can sort of do without it for half game - but I need Dash, as stated above.

I usually play to never take Ammonia or Lantern Oven, working to getting them for free. I consider taking Ammonia if I can make Leather right away, and also because it is an insurance against Plague. However, if I have the Gorm, I NEVER innovate Ammonia, but always get it for free by LY3, one way or another.

Nightmare Training/Hovel are useful, but not immediately. You can wait a bit, but you will eventually want both.

I now play to get Drums/Song of the Brave, because Overwhelming Darkness and when there is the Gorm. With the same priority, 1.5 Sculpture is a must have.

Later, Family/Clan of Death/Saga. Also Pictograph is an added insurance, Momento Mori has a lot of story event interactions which are not immediately visible.

Lastly, I do not entirely disdain Bloodletting, because of Plague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.