Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Couldn’t wait. Homemade deluxe resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Goldman

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rather than wait until the deluxe resources come back in stock, I hit the craft store for some Sculpey and made my own based off of the deluxe ones.

The family is happy with the results, even the goopy coal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Those look amazing! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Goldman

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kroikey
msg tools
They look very well made for custom, i guess its some kind of fimo but id love to know the details on how you made them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Goldman

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kroikey wrote:
They look very well made for custom, i guess its some kind of fimo but id love to know the details on how you made them

Thank you. I had to look up Fimo, but essentially yes, they're both polymer clay. This was my first time using them (since I was a kid, I guess?). Some of the colors were different qualities, which was annoying, like the bark on the wood pieces was super soft and hard to manipulate. But for the rest, it was basically getting it into the rough size I wanted and then using some of my kids' clay tools, a toothpick, and a metal ruler (for really fine cutting on the bricks and iron).

Here are some pictures of the process: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GIuc1No59LZjHa8N2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.