Mr. Temple
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
My wife and I are HOOKED on this game. It's our first cooperative deck-builder. And the coop play is our favourite thing about it.

We've even made a variant which is working really well to push us out of Location 1 before we're OP, but which also makes it so we don't lose it too early via the 'stun cycle'. Loving it so far.

Are there any other cooperative deck-builders that are similarly fun to play for only 2 people?

We've played Pandemic, but it didn't have this game's charm.

We'd absolutely LOVE a Star Wars version of this. I know Star Wars: The Card Game is not coop, but I'm wondering how close in feel it gets to this game. Anybody played both?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try a Legendary deck building game. They have a few different IPs: Marvel, Firefly, Buffy, Alien.

I 100% agree that there needs to be a co-op Star Wars game, but there’s nothing except Imperial Assault, but you need an app and it looks too complicated anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Legendary

Also, Someone did make an unofficial Star Wars variant for Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Köppen
Sweden
Nybro
Småland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been toying with the idea to reskin it to Star Wars as well. Allies and items are quite easy to translate, the spells however... character abilites perhaps?

My wife really loves deckbuilders and most of all Hogwarts Battle and Legendary (Alien). Shadowrun Crossfire was no hit due to theme. We recently aquired Aeons end and Dragonfire and after one game of each they're on the list to be played more times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor McAusland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hero Realms is my favourite deck-builder with a co-op mode, but it's a small cost to get the game there. After getting the base game, you'd need at least two character packs (there's five total, I'd consider them essential for the game) and then the Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck which allows for co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
+1 for Aeons End and Dragonfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Rezin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
temple wrote:
My wife and I are HOOKED on this game. It's our first cooperative deck-builder. And the coop play is our favourite thing about it.

We've even made a variant which is working really well to push us out of Location 1 before we're OP, but which also makes it so we don't lose it too early via the 'stun cycle'. Loving it so far.

Are there any other cooperative deck-builders that are similarly fun to play for only 2 people?

We've played Pandemic, but it didn't have this game's charm.

We'd absolutely LOVE a Star Wars version of this. I know Star Wars: The Card Game is not coop, but I'm wondering how close in feel it gets to this game. Anybody played both?

Thanks!

I really enjoy this game, and love Star Wars The Card Game, but they aren't remotely similar. I've made my wife play both (she doesn't like games, but plays out of the goodness of her heart), and she tolerates Hogwaets Battle but hates Star Wars LCG despite being a huge Star Wars fan. SW is much more complicated with more complex rules, more difficult timing, more complex strategy (which I thoroughly enjoy), etc. it has a pretty high learning curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeon's End, Legendary Encounters: Firefly, Legendary Encounters: Alien, Shadowrun: Crossfire are my favourite cooperative deckbuilders..

Star Wars: The Card Game is really not close to Harry Potter.. ;-)
I don't recommend it, it's not that good and they just recently announced it's finished anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick V
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I play the Harry Potter co-op primarily with the missus, and we had tried the Legendary games and found them... wanting. Maybe we just didn't get it, but it didn't seem to have the same immersion factor as HP did.

One game we were looking at (partly because it was literally sitting right next to HP at the game shop we frequent), but hadn't tried, was The Red Dragon Inn: Battle for Greyport (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/193668/red-dragon-inn-ba...). Any HP fans tried this one and can pass along their experience with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation have a co-op scenario vs the Borg

And another +1 for the Legendary series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Big Book of Madness: Haven't played it but is cooperative deckbuilder where you play role of magic students at a magic academy--sound familiar?

+1 on Legendary: Marvel (we play completely cooperative) & Legendary Encounter series of games

+1 on Aeon's End

Star Realms with Star Realms: Gambit Set: has cooperative rules

Orléans with Orléans: Invasion: is a bag builder instead of a deckbuilder, but very highly regarded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Millard
msg tools
Wow, we are the same person. My wife and I are hooked as well and we mixed the game up as well to challenger ourselves. We put and earlier version of Voldermort in the middle of the villains and when he pops, but we get booted out of location 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.