Ex Libris» Forums » Rules

Subject: What if I can't shelf ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Sebastien Goupil
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If I block myself somehow and my library is already 3 book tall, what are my options?
The rule says I need to shelf adjacently, but there is no available space.
Am I blocked until the end and hope to find an action which would allow me to open a hole or swap book? Does that even count as shelving ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
have never played the game.. but cant you shelf facedown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can shelve cards that are not in alphabetical order — the check for proper alphabetization isn't until the end of the game, giving you time to adjust your shelf (or simply write off a section).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Goupil
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
But that doesn't answer my question. Have a look at this photo. If my last card was the one I am pointing and I shelf a book to the right. Effectively, I would have only one more place to shelf (on its right) then I would be stuck

Now that I am re reading this rule over and over, it doesn't say THE previously shelved card. But A previously shelved card.
Holy snap that game was way too hard with that rule haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'm not following. Why can't you put your card in that green box in the top right corner? Or the one under that? Or the one all the way on the left in the middle row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I get it. The OP thought that they had to shelve each new card next to the last card they had shelved — when in fact you can shelve a card next to any previously shelved card.

Looks like everything is squared away now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.