Popular Tags: [View All]
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All
Im having a great time playing this game with my sons, a truly excellent design.
Something that we remain unsure about is the nature of an extra activation after a failed pass but a zero result on scatter.
The attacking team have the ball its a success! but its a fail! so do the defence get the full action to capitalise on the ball juggling?
Thats how we play it. If the pass is deemed a success, it would not be clear what type, partial or total. Agreed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A failed pass + no scatter = a catch, and a full activation for the defense (assuming the ball was thrown to a receiver and not an open square)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

reesy wrote:
The attacking team...

Shhh... you'll give away the big secret that this is really a wargame, only with a football skin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

reesy wrote:
The attacking team...

Shhh... you'll give away the big secret that this is really a wargame, only with a football skin!

Ha Ha I come at this from a Rugby background where we do indeed have attack and defence. The penny has just dropped, you don’t have attack, its offence! And I watch it every week!!whistle

Something to do with a common language, I understand the difference can be explained by the fact that British English evolved more extensively than the American version due to our broader engagement with other languages around the world in our colonial and trading days. Yours is more true to Tudor English. Even Shakespeare talks of the fall, what the hell is that.

By the way the Regals just won the Super Bowl 13 - 7 (we kick the extra point from the 15.) It’s the rugby influence, it would not feel right otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

reesy wrote:
By the way the Regals just won the Super Bowl 13 - 7

Well if the "Warriors" lose next week, then I'm blaming you!

(That's apparently what we like to do here in the U.S.... blame everyone else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.