Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Sagrada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo - how many actions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eva Danko
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lots of times it is mentioned that the game is far too difficult in solo mode. I have played approx. 20 times - no win, only losses. I don't want to give up because I really enjoy playing but either I am too stupid to this game or I misunderstand some rule.

My question is related to the turns: how many actions can you have? The rule book says: "Take 2 turns, choosing to Draft and Place a die (as normal) and/or use a Tool Card, or pass. At the end of the Round, remaining dice are placed on the Round Track."

Does this mean that in the turn I can:
place a dice and use a tool,
place a dice only and no tool usage,
use a tool only and no dice placing,
pass.
And then, in my second turn, once again as mentioned above?

And what about the draft some of the tool cards refer too, eg after drafting do this or that - is this draft basically one step of the "draft and place" action you can perform in your turn? Or is this draft just part of the "tool usage" action?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Adamescu
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eva,

You may place a die and use a tool (with a different die) during your turn. So on a Round you could actually take all 4 dice - 2 to place in your window and 2 to use for tools.

Also if you think the game is a little too tough try using 3 public objectives instead of 2.

Hope it helps.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Adamescu
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really enjoy this solo playthrough. Maybe it will help too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Ldgz7UFoE&t
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aadrian13 wrote:
Hi Eva,

You may place a die and use a tool (with a different die) during your turn. So on a Round you could actually take all 4 dice - 2 to place in your window and 2 to use for tools.

Also if you think the game is a little too tough try using 3 public objectives instead of 2.

Hope it helps.


If you use all four dice to use tools and build your window, then there would be no dice for the turn track.

Is that really correct?

Gg
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamegrunt wrote:
aadrian13 wrote:
Hi Eva,

You may place a die and use a tool (with a different die) during your turn. So on a Round you could actually take all 4 dice - 2 to place in your window and 2 to use for tools.

Also if you think the game is a little too tough try using 3 public objectives instead of 2.

Hope it helps.


If you use all four dice to use tools and build your window, then there would be no dice for the turn track.

Is that really correct?

Gg


Yes!

Using the tool cards is actually the best way to deprive the "opponent's" scoring in the solo game.
I would say it is more important than the ability.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:

Yes!

Using the tool cards is actually the best way to deprive the "opponent's" scoring in the solo game.
I would say it is more important than the ability.


Yeah you definitely want to use the tool cards with any die with a six value that you aren't using on your own board in solo, that's essential for winning this game solo!

I win around 70% of the time solo, normal difficulty (3 tools) but I've never won a game against real players, haha. ;)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Danko
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thumbsup Thanks, I know this video.

And yes, proven, I played wrong, however changing the way I played gained me only more losses, maybe with scoring closer, but still losses.

Let's say my abilities are not the best - still... comparing what sy else wrote about winning 70 % of the plays... uhh, far for me as the Moon.

The game is highly based on luck, for sure. When I have a luckier session, means losing only with 41 to 45. (Closest to a tight...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Danko
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Applying the rules correctly makes me feel that you have to use your tools just in the right time, not too soon, not too late so very wisely.
I don't know if this makes sense to somebody else but me, but this way I often struggle with four dices in the last three rounds having only one free spot to fill in with one dice. (Meaning far too many scores on the round tracker against myself.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Danko
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Putting aside the difficulties - I love this game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Jolie
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJeva wrote:
Applying the rules correctly makes me feel that you have to use your tools just in the right time, not too soon, not too late so very wisely.
I don't know if this makes sense to somebody else but me, but this way I often struggle with four dices in the last three rounds having only one free spot to fill in with one dice. (Meaning far too many scores on the round tracker against myself.)


Are you saying you add the sum of all the dice that are removed? I thought we got to choose one die per round to be the opponents score.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FranSwami wrote:
DJeva wrote:
Applying the rules correctly makes me feel that you have to use your tools just in the right time, not too soon, not too late so very wisely.
I don't know if this makes sense to somebody else but me, but this way I often struggle with four dices in the last three rounds having only one free spot to fill in with one dice. (Meaning far too many scores on the round tracker against myself.)


Are you saying you add the sum of all the dice that are removed? I thought we got to choose one die per round to be the opponents score.


All the dice that are not on your board or on a tool card are placed on the round track. and ALL of them provide the final score for the "opponent"

So if your window isn't full that is very bad for you(not as much in the multiplayer game tho. )every time you use a tool card you are depriving a die from counting against you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.