Now that we know what the second class is, the Aftermath crew is starting to form into a possible Search and Rescue team, very much like the Lewis and Clark crew from Event Horizon! It could be made up of these type of characters:
-Android: technical expert, can hack into the ship’s systems
-Psychiatrist: able to deal with mental and some physical damage
-Quartermaster: focuses on searching rooms for items, either keeps more cards or draws more cards during a Search action
-Navigator: drone operator that’s focused on exploring the map and revealing rooms, can send drone to reveal adjacent rooms so character doesn’t wander into dangerous rooms like the Nest or Slime rooms
-Security: trained for defending the team against hostiles, focused on defensive skills than offense compared to the Soldier
- Last edited Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 am (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:05 pm
May I propose this crew:.
~ A Captain/Pilot, aka a smartass with a nickname. Preferably female, a bit bossy and sensitive about her eyepatch.
~ A Co-pilot/SpecOPs ex-corporate gun-for-hire 8yr Militia Corp veteran with an extremely high opinion of himself. Also madly in love with the Captain. Also compulsively inept. Followed closely by his best bud alien
friend servant who is quiet and bashful by nature yet remarkably clever.
~ A Medical Officer Specialist, preferably alien with a ridiculously comical misunderstanding of human anatomy.
~ A First Response Medical Technician, assigned this job despite his claims that he's only the delivery guy.
~ A Search and Rescue Paramedic/Firefighter, who is a spoiled rich klutsy party-girl. Funny and cute with a Ph.D to boot.
~ A Computer Technician who happens to be a android from the Bender Factory that secretly longs to kill all humans.
- Last edited Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:57 am (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:24 am
The next alien expansion would have to be killer space bees...
Here is my take on the Aftermath Crew:
So I'd like to propose some story development, characters for the Aftermath crew.
Since I really like the idea of a rescue team that responds to distress call/finds the Nemesis space vessel, I would love to see something really dark, obscure, dreadful.
(I admit that lot of my suggestions are based heavily on the movie Alien 3 (1992).
It is nice to see jacked-up heroes and sexy heroines in a shiny armour, with big cool guns, coming in, gunz' blazin' and all,
but I fancy the idea, that the help that's coming is something else, something to be afraid of by itself. The help are those who were rejected by the society, they are the outlaws, renegades, convicts, terrorists, extortioners, traitors, opportunists, sociopaths, racketeers, scum of the Earth/colonies… They had never fit in, they had never been appreciated, they are band of very bad people and they call themselves The Rock-band.
You are in dilemma, whether to be happy for the answer or be feared of them even more than the aliens. In case you manage to survive with their help, what will happen next. Will they kill all the aliens and try to redeem theirself or will they point back to Earth/colonies to unleash hell with those remaining aliens having a laughter or will they head somewhere totally unknown/go for distant planets or will they trade aliens to shady corporation having a blast-of-a-time, no-one could be certain.
The character are not meant to be linear, one-dimensional, obvious, - so here are just some cues
(which are meant to be expanded):
- Scavenger, a young boy (aged about 22 – it isn’t exactly clear) who grew up in the gigantic dumpyard/wasteland, never knew parents, never had friends, was bossed by robo-bosses/supervisors. Doesn’t understand emotions but does understand machines/robots. He does literary everything he is told to do. Think of him like character 7 in Update #14 (with more skimpy clothing).
- Mercenary, a man just beyond his prime, who has seen many wars, had brought death to many people, was captured several times, was a test subject for gruesome psychological tests by non-registered agencies, doesn’t care much for the humanity anymore, has a love for literature, especially the poems. Is quite intelligent but spares with words. Character 4 from Update #17.
- Former army robot-machine. Tour-de-froce, but it is half broken. Scavenger boy can’t fix it, since it’s missing crucial part, which are aboard the Nemesis. A mesh between character 1 from Update #14 and 2 from first proposition for the 1st crew member.
- Stoic man (think of him like Charles Dance from Alien 3), pale-ginger looking older man, with calm, quiet talk, who is sort of head of this band. He had worked at the postal-counter/bank office (or some kind of counter/office with a lot of people passing by) in a mass station and quietly observed people and at the same time hated them – a true-born sociopath. He is disgusted be ordinary daily choirs and sickened by people. He kidnapped 62 people, poisoned them, video-taped them and then sent mail to the family members to watch agonizingly slow death of their loved ones. He has a thing for smells.
- Political dissident, terrorist. He got cross with the boss of an established nuclear research facility by just a small character flaw of his boss. He calmly decided to bomb the whole thing and frame it as an accident. His resume is full of blackmailing, extortions, manipulation, forgery, etc. He likes to play rock and metal tuned on his electric guitar. Character 1 from Update #17.
- Former brilliant psychiatrist, philosopher who has worked in maximum security prison on all the inmates, where he met most of the Band, through which he made connection with several underground companies/agencies, for who he work on psyh’ work like brain-washing/mind alterations/lobotomies. He got caught be showing kindergarten-aged children tapes of live-animal dissection and disfigurement – for his psyh’ experiment to shape minds at tender age to become ‘sane people’. Think of him like a character 5 from Update #14.
- Maniac, dressed half-way as a clown and half-way as a butcher. Enjoys others agony and suffering. Likes to sing when he is happy and loves to sing when he is mad. Likes to paint with blood of his victims, his favourite style is to complete his canvas masterpiece while his victim is still alive. He is cousin of business-woman. Character 10 from Update #17.
- Business-woman who traded human lifes of ordinary people to shady corporation for human parts/experiments/etc. Likes going on safari of endangered species. She is also expert in close combat and small arms. Completely mischievous person. Character 9 from Update #17.
- Last edited Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:07 pm