Hide
10 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions in first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zanza Zanzara
msg tools
Hi guys, i am in the middle (just reached second floor) of my first game (solo) and i have a few questions.

I am in a room with only one empty field around it. I explore and get a trap room. i have to place the trap room on the only empty field. now i have to take the next tile and get a room. i cannot place it anywhere around to the room where i am on. do i discard the tile or place it somehwere else in the dungeon?

Same question for medium rooms if there is not enough space to place them.
The rules say this but i dont understand this somehow: If there is not enough space to place the medium room adjacent to your tile, you cannot explore the Rune room. You’ll need to move elsewhere to do it.

Valerie Starting Ability: Do i get the shield in every turn when i am in the same room with the same undead?
Lets say i am in a room with an undead so i get the shield symbol. i use it when fighting another monster in the room. i end my turn and stay in this room with the undead. do i get a new shield from the starting ability in the next turn? or do i have to move to another room with another undead?

Another Question for Valerie Starting Ability: Can i just keep an undead as my "pet" and let it follow me around to get a free shield in every room/turn?

Is it just me or is it sometimes really hard to keep track of your symbols when there are no physical markers?

In my turn, when i have no dice left, i use the free step token to explore. i get a room title where i have to place a monster on it. now i have to let the monster attack me with no way to attack/defence right?

When i have attacked all monster on my title, i can get out of the room and explore somewhere else even if i didnt kill the monsters?

When i level up, can i uncover both cards and choose the ability one i want or do i have to take it random?

There is one exp symbol on rune rooms. however the rune room gets immediately replaced with a medium room. do i get 2 exp? one for rune room and one for medium room? the rules say that you get only 1 exp for medium room. if that is so, why is there an exp symbol on rune rooms?

Schmetterling Capture Ability: can i keep the token through the game or do i have to use it in my current turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seax daVe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Zanza, I'm still a newbie in that game but I'm gonna give you a quick answer to your questions. Experts please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Zanzara wrote:
I am in a room with only one empty field around it. I explore and get a trap room. i have to place the trap room on the only empty field. now i have to take the next tile and get a room. i cannot place it anywhere around to the room where i am on. do i discard the tile or place it somehwere else in the dungeon?

You are wrong 'cause you don't have to take another tile after a trap. If you are on the 1st level, you only have to flip the next tile but don't place it! Unless it's again another trap.
If you are on the 2nd level you have to do nothing after exploring a trap.

Zanzara wrote:
The rules say this but i dont understand this somehow: If there is not enough space to place the medium room adjacent to your tile, you cannot explore the Rune room. You’ll need to move elsewhere to do it.

In other words, you are not allow to explore from that room right now. Move to a tile with adjacent space enough to explore the next medium room.

Zanzara wrote:
Valerie Starting Ability: Do i get the shield in every turn when i am in the same room with the same undead?
Lets say i am in a room with an undead so i get the shield symbol. i use it when fighting another monster in the room. i end my turn and stay in this room with the undead. do i get a new shield from the starting ability in the next turn? or do i have to move to another room with another undead?

You get a new shield (symbol) every turn while in a room with any undead monster.

Zanzara wrote:
Another Question for Valerie Starting Ability: Can i just keep an undead as my "pet" and let it follow me around to get a free shield in every room/turn?

Haha good idea. You'll need to fight him every turn but, why not.

Zanzara wrote:
Is it just me or is it sometimes really hard to keep track of your symbols when there are no physical markers?

I had the same feeling on my first plays. You can find tokens for the symbols in "files" section in case you need them.

Zanzara wrote:
In my turn, when i have no dice left, i use the free step token to explore. i get a room title where i have to place a monster on it. now i have to let the monster attack me with no way to attack/defence right?

Right.

Zanzara wrote:
When i have attacked all monster on my title, i can get out of the room and explore somewhere else even if i didnt kill the monsters?

Of course (if there are no Spiders).

Zanzara wrote:
When i level up, can i uncover both cards and choose the ability one i want or do i have to take it random?

Feel free to choose an ability.

Zanzara wrote:
There is one exp symbol on rune rooms. however the rune room gets immediately replaced with a medium room. do i get 2 exp? one for rune room and one for medium room? the rules say that you get only 1 exp for medium room. if that is so, why is there an exp symbol on rune rooms?

From my point of view, the small rune room is a small representation of the medium rune. So there is just 1 exp.

Zanzara wrote:
Schmetterling Capture Ability: can i keep the token through the game or do i have to use it in my current turn?

You can keep it.
Remember that you can only use the token on the roll phase, so it's too late to use it in your current turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zanza Zanzara
msg tools
Seax daVe, thank you very much for answering all my questions. most things are much clearer to me now and i see that i didnt read the rules always right like the trap / room tile drawing and placing.

there is this one thing:
seaxdave wrote:

Zanzara wrote:

You say i need to fight the undead every turn but Valeries card says this: "Combat with undead monsters is optional for Valerie"

Doesnt that mean i am save from undeads all the time when playing with Valerie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
seaxdave wrote:
Hi Zanza, I'm still a newbie in that game but I'm gonna give you a quick answer to your questions. Experts please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Zanzara wrote:

You are wrong 'cause you don't have to take another tile after a trap. If you are on the 1st level, you only have to flip the next tile but don't place it! Unless it's again another trap.
If you are on the 2nd level you have to do nothing after exploring a trap.

Zanzara wrote:

In other words, you are not allow to explore from that room right now. Move to a tile with adjacent space enough to explore the next medium room.

Zanzara wrote:

You get a new shield (symbol) every turn while in a room with any undead monster.

Zanzara wrote:

Zanzara wrote:

I had the same feeling on my first plays. You can find tokens for the symbols in "files" section in case you need them.

Zanzara wrote:

Right.

Zanzara wrote:

Of course (if there are no Spiders).

Zanzara wrote:

Feel free to choose an ability.

Zanzara wrote:

From my point of view, the small rune room is a small representation of the medium rune. So there is just 1 exp.

Zanzara wrote:

You can keep it.
Remember that you can only use the token on the roll phase, so it's too late to use it in your current turn.

Spot-on Seax daVe!

Yes, just one XP for exploring a rune/medium room. I play it that you get this XP immediately when you enter the room, before encountering any monsters in the room. I think that’s correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seax daVe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanzara wrote:
You say i need to fight the undead every turn but Valeries card says this: "Combat with undead monsters is optional for Valerie"

Doesnt that mean i am save from undeads all the time when playing with Valerie?

OMG you´re right! You can "carry" an undead friend with you to gain an extra shield haha laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zanza Zanzara
msg tools
hey, i have some additional questions:

Valerie Starting Ability again: Does this ability trigger at every turn? Can i only have one shield symbol from the starting ability or do they stack? lets say i get one symbol and i dont use it in the current turn. do i get a second shield symbol in the next turn from this ability or can it be only one at a time?

When i move to a room with monsters, i have to attack them before i can do other actions. thats clear. But: does this count for every turn? lets say i attacked but did not kill the monsters and end my turn. do i have to fight them again in the next turn before i can freely do other actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seax daVe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanzara wrote:
Valerie Starting Ability again: Does this ability trigger at every turn? Can i only have one shield symbol from the starting ability or do they stack? lets say i get one symbol and i dont use it in the current turn. do i get a second shield symbol in the next turn from this ability or can it be only one at a time?

You get a shield symbol on every turn if you remain in a room with an undead monster. But remember that you'll lose all unused symbols at the end of your turn.

I guess that you can even have another shield on the same turn if you move to another room with another undead monster.

Zanzara wrote:
When i move to a room with monsters, i have to attack them before i can do other actions. thats clear. But: does this count for every turn? lets say i attacked but did not kill the monsters and end my turn. do i have to fight them again in the next turn before i can freely do other actions?

Yes. "Fighting monsters" is a mandatory phase of your turn that you can not avoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zanza Zanzara
msg tools
seaxdave wrote:

But remember that you'll lose all unused symbols at the end of your turn.

Symbols are lost at the end of the turn? Where can i find this information?
In the rules i can only find the information that symbols are lost when you leave the room. Its on page 7 at the DICE vs. SYMBOLS section:

Symbols can only be used in the same room where they were generated. If your Hero leaves that room, any unspent symbols are immediately lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seaxdave wrote:
Yes. "Fighting monsters" is a mandatory phase of your turn that you can not avoid.

Just for the sake of completeness, you can avoid fighting the monsters in your room by playing treasure cards that let you do so (Teleport, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seax daVe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanzara wrote:
Symbols can only be used in the same room where they were generated. If your Hero leaves that room, any unspent symbols are immediately lost.

Sorry, you are right. That's the correct rule for symbols.
Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.