Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just picked up a copy of this and looking forward to it, but I popped over to the EE website and I see the most recent news is that this game has been superceded by Secrets of the Lost Station and expansions for Lost Tomb are unlikely to be reprinted.
OK, that's a bummer as there's only so much play you can get with the base copy of a game like this - I've been through games like Arkham and Eldritch Horror and Descent and got a lot of play out of them with all the expansions and was looking forward to similar with this. I wasn't expecting a two year old game to be discontinued so soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are copies of some of the expansions floating around online like Amazon (in US at least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, where exactly did you see that this game is being superceded?
Secrets of the Lost Station is meant to be a more streamlined variant of this game, but is set in space and is not a replacement.

I did see this in the January news:
Secrets of the Lost Tomb expansions – we get asked about these a lot. We hear you. We are trying to find a way to produce a small run of the OOP expansions without making the unit cost astronomical for us or you. At this time, we have not found a solution. If we find a way, we will report it here first!

That doesn't sound like they are discontinuing the game, just that they can't find a way to reprint the expansions cost-effectively at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact EE is looking for a solution to reprint the OOP expansions. SO be patient. Lost tomb is not gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Secrets of the Lost Station is meant to be a more streamlined variant of this game, but is set in space and is not a replacement.

I did see this in the January news:
Secrets of the Lost Tomb expansions – we get asked about these a lot. We hear you. We are trying to find a way to produce a small run of the OOP expansions without making the unit cost astronomical for us or you. At this time, we have not found a solution. If we find a way, we will report it here first!

That doesn't sound like they are discontinuing the game, just that they can't find a way to reprint the expansions cost-effectively at the moment.

Secrets of the Lost Tomb is our first ever game and has been around for about 4 years. We're not done with it, as an indie company, we have to focus on finalizing a few other games, and once we do that, we can either Reprint, or find another way to bring the TOMB back to you all - The Core game is still in stock and is not out of print. Only some of the limited print-run expansions are. In order to reprint an entire expansion, we need a minimum order quantity which we need to build a demand for in order to print it. Otherwise, I am looking for potentially a PoD or some other option for those who REALLY want to experience the stories but can't find the expansions.

Thanks,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
I've just picked up a copy of this and looking forward to it, but I popped over to the EE website and I see the most recent news is that this game has been superceded by Secrets of the Lost Station and expansions for Lost Tomb are unlikely to be reprinted.
OK, that's a bummer as there's only so much play you can get with the base copy of a game like this - I've been through games like Arkham and Eldritch Horror and Descent and got a lot of play out of them with all the expansions and was looking forward to similar with this. I wasn't expecting a two year old game to be discontinued so soon.

We really appreciate your support and enthusiasm and realize that we've created a ton of expansions! But they sold out! We'd love to reprint them, but that takes time and requires a minimum order. So at this time, we're finishing up a few projects in 2018 like: (Secrets of the Lost Station, Coma Ward, Metal Dawn, Rambo: the Board Game) and as we do that, we will be working on methods to bring back Tomb in a big way expansion-wise Thanks for your patience and support! We hope you enjoy the Core Game! Fate's fortune is in stock on our webstore on www.EverythingEpic.us

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited for Big Trouble in Little China
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:
I am excited for Big Trouble in Little China

+1 surprise wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:

No - it is not stated anywhere that it has been superceded but I think Chris, without making a 'set in concrete' statement, has inferred in his posts here (small indy company, try and get the expansions reprinted at some stage) that maybe reprints of an existing game, where there may not be as big a demand as there would be for a new product (my words there), would be way down the priority list behind new products.
And THAT is correct, they are a business and are not out there to make a loss just to keep a small number of people (i.e. those who have the base game and didn't get any expansions when they were available) happy. To produce a reprint run of the expansions they have to have a big enough market to at least break even, and I don't think that small number of people I mentioned early plus potential buyers of remaining base game stock is probably is probably big enough.

If I had been a more knowledgeable of EE as a company I may have checked their website and seen those notices and probably decided to get into Lost Station instead. I've not really bought from small companies that much so I caught myself out thinking the game would be around and it and its expansions reprinted as a matter of course, they obviously have to operate with a different stock and business model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
abredon wrote:

No - it is not stated anywhere that it has been superceded but I think Chris, without making a 'set in concrete' statement, has inferred in his posts here (small indy company, try and get the expansions reprinted at some stage) that maybe reprints of an existing game, where there may not be as big a demand as there would be for a new product (my words there), would be way down the priority list behind new products.
And THAT is correct, they are a business and are not out there to make a loss just to keep a small number of people (i.e. those who have the base game and didn't get any expansions when they were available) happy. To produce a reprint run of the expansions they have to have a big enough market to at least break even, and I don't think that small number of people I mentioned early plus potential buyers of remaining base game stock is probably is probably big enough.

If I had been a more knowledgeable of EE as a company I may have checked their website and seen those notices and probably decided to get into Lost Station instead. I've not really bought from small companies that much so I caught myself out thinking the game would be around and it and its expansions reprinted as a matter of course, they obviously have to operate with a different stock and business model.

Certainly an astute observation But as you can see- there's a ton of gameplay in Secrets of the Lost Tomb the Core Game itself for sure!

Either way, we really do appreciate your support and I can definitely say that you will have a lot of gameplay in the Core Game alone for sure! We do still have Fate's Fortune in stock if you don't have that yet!

Thanks so much! We really hope you enjoy the game!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:
... Thanks for your patience and support! We hope you enjoy the Core Game! Fate's fortune is in stock on our webstore on www.EverythingEpic.us

Chris

Thanks Chris, unfortunately by the time postage and customs gets added for us across the pond I would probably spend the same on your new kickstarter. But if anyone in the UK or Europe have one (or more to average the postage out) expansions for sale please put them up .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Empire has Reign of Terror in stock, if anyone needs it. (They have Fate's Fortune too, if you need both of them from the same place to save on shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:
Atomic Empire has Reign of Terror in stock, if anyone needs it. (They have Fate's Fortune too, if you need both of them from the same place to save on shipping).

The high postage and then customs duties rules out US purchases for us (unless you are in a position in life where money is not an issue) .

What is in most of these expansions anyway, their descriptions don't say and I haven't seen any images yet showing the components ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.