5 Posts

Scythe: The Wind Gambit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Toll and multiple airships on one hex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn V
Netherlands
flag msg tools
How does the 'Toll' aggressive ability work when multiple airships hover over a hex and a unit wishes to pass through? Thematically it makes most sense for each of the airships to collect their own toll, and as such a unit would need to carry enough resources to pay each airship.

However, the text of the 'Toll' card only states that a unit needs to be transporting resources to move into the airship territory. So technically, a unit carrying a single resource would be allowed onto the hex. Which, if true, then brings up the question which airship gets to collect the toll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To move a unit onto that territory, the unit needs to be able to pay the Toll to each player who has an airship on that territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have three similar questions regarding toll,:
1. you move mech full of workers, lets say 5 workers, you have to pay 6 resources for passing through hex with airship .....
We had some debate regarding this, and I think according to rules, it would be correct to pay 6 resources (one per unit; mech represents one unit while other 5 are workers), but one friend insisted since mech is carring workers it should count as one unit passing through so you would have to pay only 1 resource.
So which option is correct:
a) 1 resource
b)6 resources

2. if you move your ariship through hex with other airship do you have to pay toll (1 resource) - I think you have to??
So:
a) nothing
b) one resource

3. other question similar to first - if you are playing game where every player has his own airship abilities - what if opponents airship wants to fly through this hex carring two workers, how much would he have to pay:
a) nothing
b) 3 resources - on for airship and one for each worker – I think this is correct?
c) 1 resource – for airship

Many thx in advance,
Mladen

EDIT: Typing and explanations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) quoted from Jamey elsewhere:

Quote:
Toll looks at any unit type. If a mech is carrying workers and resources, the workers themselves aren't transporting resources (the mech is). So even if there are 8 resources and 8 workers on the mech, the mech pays a toll of 1 resource.

2) an airship is a unit, so it must pay the toll.

3) See 1; I would say the airship would have to pay. But in that case it wouldn't be able to travel through as you would EITHER have resources (and no workers) or workers (and no resources).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dear Iain,

Great many thx for help and quick reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.