Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about Russia's setup and reinforcements for the Strategic Surprise scenario, especially in regards to CMD units. As far as I can tell there there are 12 CMD units:

However the reinforcement schedule for GT2 lists the arrival of 8 CMD units. Which of the above units should be included? Also are any of the above units already present at setup?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
kubaman wrote:
I'm a little confused about Russia's setup and reinforcements for the Strategic Surprise scenario, especially in regards to CMD units. As far as I can tell there there are 12 CMD units:

However the reinforcement schedule for GT2 lists the arrival of 8 CMD units. Which of the above units should be included? Also are any of the above units already present at setup?

Thanks!
The Green units are not CMD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
revnye wrote:
kubaman wrote:

Thanks!
The Green units are not CMD.

To clarify, the green units are part of the Central Military District, but they are not marked as CMD units (in the upper right of the counter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Right. That means that they are not part of the 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
revnye wrote:
Right. That means that they are not part of the 8.

What about the 2nd Gds CMD Army (XXXX) HQ? Is that unit setup at the start, or does it appear with the 8 CMD units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E
msg tools
Mitchell,
Could you please further clarify exactly how these 12 units enter the game in the Strategic Surprise scenario. Thank you.
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry for the confusion.

2 Gds Army HQ and 201st Division (HQ + 2 units) are At Start units.

The 8 units marked "CMD" are reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E
msg tools
Thank you very much. Appreciate your support on this forum, makes the NWP gaming experience very enjoyable.
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.