Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLAYERS
Adam (Yellow)
Liz (Green)
Noah (Me) (Blue)
John (Red)

Note: I decided Adam should be the first player, as he hadn't played before, and whoever goes first gets the chance to score twice in the Team Tag Field as long as one of the players doesn't do a 3-action. Also, it was past midnight and he was definitely sleepiest.

THE GAME

Adam was forced to use Booiinggggg right off the bat, but the Team Tag Field ended with Adam and Liz at 3, Noah at 2, and John at 1.

Uh... the rest of the game happened. John and I fell behind as Adam and Liz pulled ahead. Adam managed to prevent Liz from scoring in the Black Sheep Tag Field with a lucky Sheep Panic Lamb Slam on a Green Sheep.

But here's where things get gruesome. We're just about to shear for the first time in the Shear Panic Field, and we have a whopping 7 columns of sheep. John, Adam, and I all use a Ewe Turn before we get back to John's turn. John does a Diagonal Push on my Blue Sheep to force Adam, Liz, and I to all lose a Sheep. Going into the final shear, the score is Liz at 19, Adam at 16, Noah at 16, and John at 14. To end off, things get even bloodier. I take a 50-50 shot at a Lamb Slam that separates me from the flock that will either get me second place or tied for second with Adam, which I succeed in. The Black Sheep and John's two Red Sheep bite the dust, leaving a "flock" of a mere 3 Sheep.

Final Scores:
John - 14
Adam - 19
Noah - 20
Liz - 23

WHAT DID WE LEARN?

Booiinggggg is usually seen as a special action you should save for scoring big in Roger's Field or avoiding being sheared in the Shear Panic Field. But if you need to, like Adam did, use when you need to if it will get you points. To start, Adam's Sheep were so far apart that he would have had no chance of scoring in the Team Tag Field, so he did what he had to, ultimately for the better.

Make sure to count spaces! Many times throughout the game we were counting how many spaces were left in a Field, wondering if we would get another turn in that Field. I can tell you firsthand that if at the start of your turn there 8 or less spaces remaining (in a 4-player game), you're better off giving up on getting another action in that Field. It just isn't gonna happen.

Prepare for bloodshed in a 4-player game. In a 2-player game, it's pretty unlikely that any of your Sheep will even get sheared, since the Black Sheep and the 4 Sheep from unused colors will protect you. Bump that down to 3 Sheep protecting everyone in a 3-player game, and you might be in a bit more trouble, but hopefully you'll only lose a Sheep to the second shear. 4-player, though... I mean, someone is already guaranteed to lose one of their Sheep and, as I learned from this game, you can see over half the Sheep get sheared. While you can't really learn any strategy from this, don't go into a 4-player game confident that you'll end with both your Sheep unsheared.

Well, that's all! Until then, I'm off to brave the dead of winter in my new wool coat, and I hope ewe all have a good time playing. Bye!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.