Subject: Courier, once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Just a quick question, is this ability once per turn? I feel like it's powerful if not. In season 1 there is a similar ability where you can treat an adjacent city once per turn, and this new one is pretty similar but doesn't specify once per turn.

Courier: When doing the Deliver Supplies action, you may put Supply cubes into one adjacent location (instead of your current location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume that since it doesn't say it can only be used once per turn, that it has no limit.

Is this a starting improvement? If not, you need a spoiler tag (and thanks a lot )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Seems obvious enough, just feels too good to be true!

Yes it is something available from the beginning, you're good! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schneeberger
msg tools
mbmbmb
Remember though that each use still costs an action. So if you’re doing it more than once you’re using at least half of your turn on this ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
8bitLink wrote:
Yes it is something available from the beginning, you're good! ^_^

Again?! I think I'd better stop calling these "infractions" out and pay more attention to the available upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
8bitLink wrote:
Just a quick question, is this ability once per turn? I feel like it's powerful if not. In season 1 there is a similar ability where you can treat an adjacent city once per turn, and this new one is pretty similar but doesn't specify once per turn.

Courier: When doing the Deliver Supplies action, you may put Supply cubes into one adjacent location (instead of your current location).

If there is no specific indication that it's only usable once per turn, so it's usable more than once. I this case, yes, for this ability you can do it as many time as needed, but each instance use one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it is rather surprising that they took the overpowered character upgrade from season 1 and made it even better, but they are very explicit about "once per turn" in many other abilities, so I assume its omission here was intentional.

(To be fair, this time it costs 3 points, and the Make/Deliver split makes it harder to spam. Still very strong. My Farmer/Courier/Helmsman rarely used this less than twice per turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.