Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused and been unable to find the answer. The rules say that the December 2 Scenario is the main scenario. The French setup is for all corps except Davout and Bernadotte, which are reinforcements. However, the Turn Track shows Bernadotte's arrival as 11:00 am December 1. Bernadotte should have been on the field for 20 hours when the December 2 scenario starts. What is the disconnect? Why is Bernadotte not already present at the start of the December 2 scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tam
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Follow the Map!
badge
These organisms are cleaning out an eye socket infection
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
I am confused and been unable to find the answer. The rules say that the December 2 Scenario is the main scenario. The French setup is for all corps except Davout and Bernadotte, which are reinforcements. However, the Turn Track shows Bernadotte's arrival as 11:00 am December 1. Bernadotte should have been on the field for 20 hours when the December 2 scenario starts. What is the disconnect? Why is Bernadotte not already present at the start of the December 2 scenario?

Bernadotte is available to bring into play 11 am Dec 1st. Doesn't mean he MUST enter play then. So, for main scenario, Bernadotte is available to bring into play whenever you want him to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usmint99 wrote:
Bernadotte is available to bring into play 11 am Dec 1st. Doesn't mean he MUST enter play then. So, for main scenario, Bernadotte is available to bring into play whenever you want him to.

There’s your answer right there! Don’t confuse availability with arrival. There is a price to pay for bringing on Bernadotte & Davout, and it is often a difficult decision for the French to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Bernadotte should have been on the field for 20 hours when the December 2 scenario starts. What is the disconnect? Why is Bernadotte not already present at the start of the December 2 scenario?

Because his presence near the field was a surprise to the Austrians and Russians. They didn't expect his arrival. The game simulates this. The Allied player does not know where or when Bernadotte will arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chargetheguns wrote:
dakjck wrote:
Bernadotte should have been on the field for 20 hours when the December 2 scenario starts. What is the disconnect? Why is Bernadotte not already present at the start of the December 2 scenario?

Because his presence near the field was a surprise to the Austrians and Russians. They didn't expect his arrival. The game simulates this. The Allied player does not know where or when Bernadotte will arrive.

Or IF he will arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My research shows he did, in fact, arrive on the 1st. However, his troops were kept behind the hill that is the main French position, so their presence was unknown to the Austrian/Russian army. I susoect this is what is being simulated by allowing them to stay off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dakjck wrote:
My research shows he did, in fact, arrive on the 1st. However, his troops were kept behind the hill that is the main French position, so their presence was unknown to the Austrian/Russian army. I susoect this is what is being simulated by allowing them to stay off the board.

And the point that French reinforcement is allowed to move twice is to simulate surprise: the allied weren't supposed to know that they are coming, but in the game they do. Moving twice brings back some of that surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Sewell
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb

When I see the title of this thread, all I can think of is the Battle of Auerstedt, not Austerlitz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jena–Auerstedt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxSewell wrote:

When I see the title of this thread, all I can think of is the Battle of Auerstedt, not Austerlitz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jena–Auerstedt

I thought of the Battle of Leipzig. Was he always late?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leipzig

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.