Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm apparently missing blue Abomination mini from Burning Crusade. Does it still make sense to write to FFG and ask for replacement, or is that train long gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With asmodee buying ffg, and the age of the game, it is unlikely, but it is always worth a shot. I supposedly have a package of replacement dice for quarriors rise of the demons on its way from Wizkids ... hasn’t arrive Do yet but their ticket for the request says shipped... failing that, there’s always evilBay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For licensed IP games where they no longer have a license, you're out of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not provide support. It had nothing to do with the license expiring, as they did provide some parts for quite a while afterwards, but all the spares are gone now.

For individual minis, your best bet is to look in the Want/Trade here on BGG to see if someone has spares listed or available. That's how I got a couple of Naga I needed.

Another option is eBay, though most of the time you would buy a bundle of minis, which means you would have spares to trade or resell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough, after meticulous accounting, I've discovered, that I do have the missing Abomination. Only that it is green :) - that is, I have two green Abominations. As I understand, Burning Crusade should only come with one green (right?), so there was probably an error during packaging in my copy. I guess I can quickly prime it and repaint in blue, even if I don't match the shade perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably your best bet.

I know that BC parts are pretty rare.

Heck, spare parts for either expansion are pretty rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can post your need in the Spare Parts Resource Lists, I've linked the most recent relevant one here for you: 2018 Spare Parts Resource List W-X-Y-Z

It doesn't always work, but someone might stumble along and be able to help you out. I've helped some people complete games through there with some spare parts that I have. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I didn't even know about this. But, yeah, chances that someone has a spare part from an expansion to an old game are very thin. And I do have that figure, just different color apparently - something I can fix to a certain extent. There might be others who need these minis more.

Can I just get a confirmation, that there should be only 1 green Abomination? (as opposed to, say 2 Oozes?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Can I just get a confirmation, that there should be only 1 green Abomination? (as opposed to, say 2 Oozes?)

Just checked my set, and I have one Abomination of each color.

Sounds like a great excuse to paint your minis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Mini!

I would probably have to take a month of time off from work to paint all these guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.