Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And so I sent my first few men into battle. Splitting on two assault teams from 1st and 2nd platoons to scout ahead. One into an orchard and the other into the Bocage. Both took an opportunity to try for some cover with only those in the bocage finding success.

A roar... A crash... Both team obliterated to incoming artillery with spotters just ahead - unspotted.

Ouch, and they lie directly in the path to the objectives...

So from this comes a few questions.
1) Just how to you record casualties?
2) Do they PDF's from the spotters stay after this?
3) Am I in contact?

How do I record these Arty Spotters? Where do I find how much ammo they have, etc?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, you're touching my face...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a similar boat, though I was able to run my team out of the farm getting shelled.

Artillery gets 2 fire missions (the first one counts). I think you're considered 'engaged' at this point because you have two units on cards with enemy VOF markers. Those markers will stay as long as the spotters can see a U.S. unit.

I haven't messed with recording casualties yet. Still learning the game. I think all of the above is correct as I just read through those parts of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joestin wrote:
I'm in a similar boat, though I was able to run my team out of the farm getting shelled.

Artillery gets 2 fire missions (the first one counts). I think you're considered 'engaged' at this point because you have two units on cards with enemy VOF markers. Those markers will stay as long as the spotters can see a U.S. unit.

I haven't messed with recording casualties yet. Still learning the game. I think all of the above is correct as I just read through those parts of the rules.

Well, I have one litter team and one casualty. I thought the incoming fire VOF went away at the start of each some phase or other...

Where do I find the rules to handle these spotters? Do they have to draw for a fire mission each turn like I would?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, you're touching my face...
mbmbmbmbmb
Go just past the section on revealing potential contacts. Spotters follow slightly different rules in the enemy activity check. Your 'incoming' VOF will flip back to 'pending fire mission' until the spotter makes a successful attack. I'd have to double check how and when that exactly happens. I didn't have to deal with it thankfully. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are all the rules related to enemy spotters:

https://sites.google.com/site/fieldsoffirebootcamp/rules-ref...

I hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The incoming VOF stays up to next round when you upgrade fire missions: remove former incoming markers and flip pending fire markers (I think beginning of step 3.8, see the turn sequence).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.