Subject: Frog Prince clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cheri Kannarr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Frog Prince card states that you can discard to gain 1 friend from DISCARD pile. Rulebook states gain new friend from DECK. Guessing this is a misprint?

From the Kickstarter update on Frog Prince and since cards typically supersede rules, we followed the card text. Also assumed that discarding the Frog Prince occurs "after" choosing a new friend (so you can't just take him back).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rodriguez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Frog Prince Card. I had just used his power, collected my resource, kissed him good bye and picked up picked up Snow White. So thematic to play along like he turned into another character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the Frog Prince is the first Friend card drawn? That happened to me and I couldn't really use his ability, since there were no discards. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
If the Frog Prince is drawn as the first Friend card you are in a bit of a pickle. He can still be discarded for the resources or you can bide your time until another Friend or two is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What if I discard the Frog Prince at the end of the Gather Phase as indicated, then take Snow White? Her power activates at the end of the Gather Phase. Can I use her power immediately? We haven't begun a new phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Christian,

Good question. If you acquire a new Friend with the Frog Prince during the "End of the Gather Phase" and that Friend has an effect during the end of the Gather phase the effect will trigger. It is as if that Friend had been there the whole time but was magically transformed.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonandwhite wrote:
Correct!

Do all card texts overwrite whatever the rulebook description for the card is saying? I can't remember the card and effect, but I believe I've seen another one where the rulebook was saying something a bit different than the card text. So I wonder if that is a general rule of thumb?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, in general the card text will supersede the rulebook text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.