Hide
2 Posts

Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Minor powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KC Mo
msg tools
I need help understanding what happens in a scenario where an activating power goes to war with a minor power.

Let's say it's Turn 4, and Spain DOWs Portugal. England wins influence of the minor, & Spain is now at war with England, which controls Portugal. Spain prosecutes the war successfully, taking control of Lisbon.

Then, Turn 5 rolls around and Portugal again undergoes an influence check. If I understand the rules correctly, Spain is not eligible to compete for influence over Portugal. Let's say France takes over Portugal - does Spain get to keep Lisbon?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Spain keeps Lisbon. Only the Poruguese areas controlled by a power *allied* with Portugal would pass to French control. Note that the activation procedure specifies ...

Quote:
Remove control markers from any keys of this minor where the control marker is from a major power that was eligible to activate this minor during this status check.

... and Spain is no longer an eligible power due to the DoW.

Historical note: after the death of King Sebastian, Phillip II forcefully prosecuted his claim to the Portuguese crown. He ruled in Portugal as Phillip I, and the two crowns were united under personal union for the next sixty years. Any Spanish player will do the same. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.