Hide
3 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: No Terraforming plates left rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clemens Dinkel
msg tools
In my last game as halfling at one point the terraforming plates ran dry because I was gardening a lot and another player (black) used the same plates. We didn't find any rule concerning this in the rule book so we decided to simulate these plates by using other plates in their stead.
Was this "correct"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no limit regarding how many hexes you can terraform into one color, so you were correct helping yourselves by simulating extra terrain tiles.

This being said, there should be 16 tiles with a brown side in your game: 8 brown/black and 8 brown/yellow, which is usually more than sufficient. Was yellow also in the game using some of the brown/yellow ones?

Maybe black could have exchanged some brown/black tiles with blue/black tiles, freeing up the brown/black ones for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Olander
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
you can always just "reuse" any plates that are already built on, unless it gives you a too confusing overview of the map
I rarely play f2f anymore, but when we dig and build in the same action, we would also just skip placing a plate for convenience, and simply place the dwelling on a wrong color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.