7 Posts

New Bedford» Forums » General

Subject: Missing tiles? A bunch of them... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Folkman
Philippines
flag msg tools
I bought this at retail and my copy seems to have some issues. Captain Flask is meant to build a bunch of buildings there are no tiles for. And they’re not covered in the rules booklet. These include the distillery, brewery, dressmaker, church etc. Is this an issue with all copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
RushmoreYankee wrote:
I bought this at retail and my copy seems to have some issues. Captain Flask is meant to build a bunch of buildings there are no tiles for. And they’re not covered in the rules booklet. These include the distillery, brewery, dressmaker, church etc. Is this an issue with all copies?

Those buildings are all from the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
RushmoreYankee wrote:

Yep, with the exception of the Church which is the Seamen's Bethel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RushmoreYankee wrote:

Which 1000% you should purchase! In my opinion, the expansion is a must purchase, it makes a tremendous difference in the setup variability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Folkman
Philippines
flag msg tools
Okay, thanks. Seems weird a significant portion of the base game would be dependent on the expansion. I live in Manila and bought this game on a whim, I've never seen the expansion available locally. I'll keep an eye out and check back at the shop I got the base game from. Was really looking forward to the solo mode, which other than apparently being pretty expansion dependent is actually well thought out.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
RushmoreYankee wrote:
Okay, thanks. Seems weird a significant portion of the base game would be dependent on the expansion. I live in Manila and bought this game on a whim, I've never seen the expansion available locally. I'll keep an eye out and check back at the shop I got the base game from. Was really looking forward to the solo mode, which other than apparently being pretty expansion dependent is actually well thought out.

Thanks.

The solo play is not dependent on the expansion at all, (none of the expansion tiles are necessary for solo play). What they have done is include the expansion options in the base game solo characters, so if you get the expansion it can be used with the solo captains from the base game, but I played solo for months before I bought the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RushmoreYankee wrote:

Thanks.

The solo play is not dependent on the expansion at all, (none of the expansion tiles are necessary for solo play). What they have done is include the expansion options in the base game solo characters, so if you get the expansion it can be used with the solo captains from the base game, but I played solo for months before I bought the expansion.

Yup, me too. I really enjoy the solo play of this game first with the base game then with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.