Paperback» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack: -1c per card in hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RUPERT MORRISH
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think this should be assessed on cards remaining in your hand after forming a word. My wife insists it should be before, so the penalty is almost always at least 5C. That seems too powerful to me. Can we get a ruling, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor McAusland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the rulebook in front of me, the 'Attack' paragraph is not clear as to when it would trigger.

BUT!

There's a list of 'Important Notes' on the previous page where the third bullet point states: "You can resolve card abilities in any order you want."

I would interpret this as allowing the active player to subtract 1c AFTER playing cards, then counting what is leftover in their hand.

Devil's advocate: Although the other ruling would be an interesting way to negate large-handed combos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor McAusland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After looking through the deck, there are no other Attack cards that would trigger before a player would have a chance to play cards, so my final answer is that you would count cards in your hand after playing your word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That was the intent - what's left in your hand after, like trashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.