JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

8.4.1 Pass. If the FLN has 0 Resources AND only a Limited Operation
is available to it
, then Pass (for an additional Resource, 2.3.3).

How could only a Limited Operation be available when "Execute Event" is adjacent to "Execute OP & Special Activity"? If a player chose OP & Special Activity, why couldn't the Non-player FLN execute the event instead of passing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Jahr
Germany
Uelsby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player chooses "Execute Op only", the Bot only has a limited Op to use.
In the case that the player chooses Ops+Sa you are correct, the Bot might also choose the Event.But there are Events that the Bot either never uses at all or which are ineffective and therefore not taken. So even for Op+SA there are cases where the Bot only has a LimOp to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the Playbook clearly states (page 8, READING THE FLOWCHARTS, 3rd paragraph):

"If FLN had no Resources, and were left with a Limited Operation only— following the Government Player having played Operations with or without a Special Activity– FLN would be forced to Pass as the Resource enhancing Extort Special Activity would not be available to be played."

But if the player played an OP and SA, the event would be available. It's only if the player did an OP without a SA that the FLN be left with a Limited OP. This is what confuses me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ah, Joe, you are right. The words "with or" should not be there in the passage of the Playbook you indicate. This is my error I made when writing up that example of play.

Thanks for pointing this out and I'm sorry for inconvenience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.