Alex Hirsch
msg tools
mb
Hello,

I need some clarification on what counts as a miss when I'm making a ranged attack into a space that contains heroes while using a weapon that rolls more than one die.

Lets say I attack with a 3 dice ranged weapon and I need 4s to hit. I roll a 3, 1, and 6. Since at least one made the roll, is the entire attack considered a hit, meaning no heroes take damage from the two dice that didn't roll 4 or better?

Or are the three die rolls counted separately, meaning I hit one zombie but two heroes with my single ranged attack?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The later. Any missed would go against Heros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, definitely the latter. You hit one Zombie and 2 survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hirsch
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
The second one as it's already said. But remember that misses deals as much dmg as the ranged weapon used. So 2 misses with a 2dmg crossbow it's 2 hits for each miss. So with the vampire crossbow if you miss one hit and there's a survivor there, you kill him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JAGS Crow wrote:
So with the vampire crossbow if you miss one hit and there's a survivor there, you kill him.
But they do get an Armor roll if they have it, rolling two dice with each die cancelling one hit (two damage). Hence, they might not die with Armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to cover all the bases, I believe you can assign both misses to one Hero. Handy if one of the two Hero's has Plate Mail equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Just to cover all the bases, I believe you can assign both misses to one Hero. Handy if one of the two Hero's has Plate Mail equipped.

Yes you can! Sacrifice!!!!

You can even “overkill” him just as you can a zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.