Wendake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie-breaker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Jennings

St. Cloud
Minnesota
msg tools
My wife and I just played another riveting game of Wendake tonight. We both took drastically different strategies. I ended up scoring 20 points as my lowest on one set of score tracks and 9 as my lowest on the other. My wife was much more balanced, with 15 as her lowest on one set and 14 as her lowest on the other. It was quite nail-biting to see how things turned out as we revealed and scored our turtle tiles.
Regardless (and you're welcome for all of the previous irrelevant information), we tied at 30 - 30 (we each still had our swap tokens for +1 point). The rules state "In case of tie, the winner is the tied player who has the lowest Turn Order marker." Does lowest turn order mean lowest number (i.e. 1st player), or does it mean latest actor (i.e. 2nd player). We determined that it was latest actor, which meant my wife won as 2nd player. Is this correct?
Thanks for any clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted it as lowest number, least printed value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Bruni
Italy
Teglio
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Italian is more clear: the player with the turn token placed on the lowest number in the turn area.

... but, there also the global rule that say "if Defcon is 2 wife/girlfriend always win"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Jennings

St. Cloud
Minnesota
msg tools
Migio wrote:
In Italian is more clear: the player with the turn token placed on the lowest number in the turn area.

... but, there also the global rule that say "if Defcon is 2 wife/girlfriend always win"

LOL! Well thank you Michele!
Fortunately, my wife is not the kind to go Defcon over games. I must shamefully admit that is more likely to be me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Whitehead
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
MMMM- Look at those points!
mbmbmbmbmb
You won! It's the little bit of incentive to grab that first player spot in the last round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.