Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, wondering how many people went through the effort!

Poll
Did you wad your cash?
Yes
No
      156 answers
Poll created by chaddyboy_2000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there people who didn't put their cash in stacks? This if the first I've heard of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn’t vote, but I have all the money and stickers in its original packaging as I use poker chips for nearly all game money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the wads are part of the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
wkufan89 wrote:
Are there people who didn't put their cash in stacks? This if the first I've heard of it.

I finally bought a copy after hearing so many good things, and my first thought when I saw you were supposed to wad the cash was "Hell no, that sounds like a lot of work".

Then, later in the day, I started the process of wadding it.

I'm actually surprised so many people seem to have been willing to go through the effort though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Plain old paper money is absolutely wretched. The wads of money are both vastly more usable and also just really freaking cool. I can't imagine anyone not assembling it unless they were using poker chips or some other replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
wkufan89 wrote:

I finally bought a copy after hearing so many good things, and my first thought when I saw you were supposed to wad the cash was "Hell no, that sounds like a lot of work".

Then, later in the day, I started the process of wadding it.

I'm actually surprised so many people seem to have been willing to go through the effort though!

Well... it’s not as tedious as sleeving a thousands cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Well... it’s not as tedious as sleeving a thousands cards

I actually found it to be way more tedious than sleeving the cards.

First you have to count the bills into stacks. Sometimes that works better than others because the bills don't always want to separate when going through them. So after counting out all the stacks of ten for a given bill value, I would end up with a stack of 7 or 8 at the end, and have to go back through and re-count every previously counted stack to find where the missing bills were.

Then, when it's time to sticker them together, you need to make sure your stack is nice and straight, and you want to apply the sticker in roughly the same spot on every stack, making sure the sticker is wrapped tightly to prevent the inner bills from moving.

That process is compounded by the bills not being particularly fun to look at after the first couple of stacks.

Sledging the cards was far more interesting because I could look at each card's art, flavor text, etc. as I was sleeving them. Also, I've sleeved so many cards in my life, I can probably do it blindfolded just as easily.

The tedium never set in when sleeving the cards, but it definitely was there after just a few minutes of wadding the bills. Also, I think it took significantly less time to sleeve the cards than it did to wad the bills. We're talking hours.

I don't think I'll ever do that again for any game, even a Level 99 game. It's a cool idea, but those wads really should have come pre-assembled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I wadded the cash, but no way am I going to sleeve that thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I wadded the cash, but no way am I going to sleeve that thing.
missing out on all the fun with all the expansions included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I like a game that shows a little play, so I prefer not to sleeve. But I feel like the wads of cash are a key part of the experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
I like a game that shows a little play, so I prefer not to sleeve. But I feel like the wads of cash are a key part of the experience!

That’s some cool sentiment and I digg but dude, sleeving makes it much easier to shuffle that store deck ziggurat you’ve thrown at us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

That’s some cool sentiment and I digg but dude, sleeving makes it much easier to shuffle that store deck ziggurat you’ve thrown at us!

Split deck into halves.

Take small portion of left half. Take small portion of right half. Shuffle. Place in center. Repeat until both halves have been shuffled together.

Now repeat that two or three more times.

Of course, the best way to shuffle the deck is to wash the cards. To do this, simply spread them all out on a large, clean table, and push them around randomly. Get your friends to help. Eventually start picking up chunks of cards and squaring them.

You can't do that with sleeved cards, though. It'll split the sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Someone here recently suggested swapping out cards one-for-one when it’s time to change sets, so I’ve started playing with that. It makes shuffling the whole Store deck waaay easier.

If you just need to shuffle the deck, split it into 4 or 6 piles. Take half of two stacks and shuffle them together. Repeat a couple times, mixing up the pattern. This will move things around.

When it comes time to change the sets in the deck, figure out which ones are coming out and which are going in. Divide the deck into 4 or 6 again. Shuffle the new sets together by type (all master in one pile, etc.). Sort out the master sets you are replacing from each of the mini stacks. Shuffle the same number of cards from the new set stack into the mini stack. This keeps the Store deck fairly even without having to re-integrate the set types after sorting them all out. Also, shuffling is way easier this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.