Popular Tags: [View All]
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All pieces accounted for. Some wear and tear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
So true, so true. Buyer's remorse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny. Out of the four Exit games I have played, that was the one we didn't damage or mark up at all. I was able to pass it on to my family for them to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
A brand new game costs what? 10$ maybe a bit less if you get a decent deal?

How much lower would you go for a second copy? Shipment would cost you more.

ras2124 wrote:
Funny. Out of the four Exit games I have played, that was the one we didn't damage or mark up at all. I was able to pass it on to my family for them to play.

So far I only did the original 3, never had to damage any of them.
But I just can't bare myself to tear down a game so we double the effort for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

But I just can't bare myself to tear down a game so we double the effort for it.

I suspect that will change in the second set. Unless you make copies of stuff, I don't think those can be done without tearing things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

I suspect that will change in the second set. Unless you make copies of stuff, I don't think those can be done without tearing things up.

we finished 8 out of 9 exit the game - games without any damage to the game, but of course we had to copy some stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
spaxsen wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

we finished 8 out of 9 exit the game - games without any damage to the game, but of course we had to copy some stuff

Copyright and IP issue here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spaxsen wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Sure, but for Abandon Cabin, we didn't make copies and we didn't damage anything (we did do the fold at the start). It wasn't because we were trying not to, it just didn't occur to us that we should. We even had a discussion at the end about what the scissors were supposed to be for. We figured the last puzzle, but honestly it seemed about as ready to do without.

That was why I was surprised by the OP's carnage. I actually expected a legitimate sale for a used but undamaged copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I agree.

For example, in the Cabin game

Spoiler (click to reveal)

One of the things that Tom Vassel said in his spoiler review in the game is that they had trouble finishing the Domino puzzle because they cut them out and lost one.

But... Why bother cutting them in the first place? All you need to do is just count how many times each number appears and you'll note that only 2 numbers appear an odd number of times.

Everything else is even because it has to be 2 blocks that connect to each other.

So you only have 2 possible answers and one is already pointing to the start. So the answer can be solved easily without destroying anything.

And there are quite a lot of puzzles like that. You don't need to destroy a lot of them. Some require you to doodle on the cards, just put a piece of paper above it and retrace things easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the spoiler box in the last post: I agree regarding the particular puzzle. We cut everything out, then while somebody was trying to figure it out conventionally, it came to my mind, how to do it different, exactly like GrandMasterFox described it. However, part of the joy of these games is to play them without concern of the "destruction". And many of the puzzles are undeniable easier to solve, if you cut, write or fold.

Technical you can try to avoid damage "to pass on the game", but I doubt this to be an enjoyable experience for me. And I would definitely avoid playing an already played Exit. Because there would be the expectation of the owner, that I treat it the same way he did it. But everybody his own. I know conserving the game is a popular house rule with Exit, and if people like it that way, there should be no objection of that. It's their game after all.

However, I think the OP actually enjoyed the game the way it was supposed to be played. Otherwise he would not have exhibited his total massacre of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.