14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » New Brunswick

Subject: Any designers in Fredericton? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
I've got a couple projects I've been working for a while and would like to share them with more people. I'd like to find other like minded people locally to discuss designs and play test, or just play games. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I do a little board game design in Fredericton. Wouldn't mind connecting with more of a local design community.

Some games I've posted here:
Explore The Galaxy - 18 Card Microgame
FRESH Big Time - 80's Wall Street Microgame
SITA - Ancient India Theme Adventure Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey Tim, yeah I kind of want to find some people who just want to discuss and share ideas. Meet up once a month and have coffee somewhere, do some play testing and offer input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Arnold
Canada
Douglas
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you wanted a place to hang out I could suggest Unplugged Cafe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I would be in for such a monthly thing at Unplugged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
That sounds like a plan, is there a good time for you? I've got an odd schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott P
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Good timing. I've been planning to start a local game design group for awhile now and finally set something up. I came here to post about it and saw this thread.

Here is the facebook page for it: https://www.facebook.com/FrederictonTGD/

I was hoping to have an initial meeting before the end of February. I have access to a space at UNB.

If you're interested, pm me here or at FrederictonTGD@gmail.com and I will organize a poll to find a day/time when everyone who wants to meet is available.

Cheers,
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
Excellent, sounds exactly what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How open is this?
If someone thought it sounded interesting but hasn't actually designed any games, would it be ok for them to drop in? (Maybe help with playtesting or offer feedback if it's helpful?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott P
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% open to anyone who is interested. Because it's brand new, I haven't really figured out all the details.

I've been designing games very casually for almost a decade now, but only recently gotten serious about creating actual prototypes that could be playtested with others. Since there didn't seem to be a local group that I could share them with, I decided to create one. I am also really looking forward to seeing what others are designing.

IMHO, playtesters and developers are an incredibly important part of the hobby, so you'd be more than welcome in this group whether you design or just want to help others design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I saw today that there was a meeting yesterday.
How did it go? Disappointed that I didn't see a notification earlier, but hope to attend in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello, yeah it went pretty good, me and another guy showed up and we play tested a game I was working on. We're hoping to get more people so if you're interested then we'd definitely like to invite you down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey,

Sorry I missed it, havn't been around BGG for a few days. I'm down for the next, I'll send me contact info in PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Francoeur
Canada
flag msg tools
We're going to be there on Sunday, feb 25, look forward to seeing you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.