steve brown
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello! I finally got this game after years of eyeing it, and I am so excited to play! Just a quick question, though:
On the card Protectorate, what does the term "maximum listed Victory Points" mean? I assume it means that, whichever Great Power(s) would get the greatest points from that territory, you would get the same amount of VPs, as if you were one of those Great Powers. For instance, Italy gets 4 VPs for Trieste, and GB gets none. But if you were GB, and you played Protectorate, you would get 4 points. Am I reading that correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I bought the OverText.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is exactly correct, the Player is awarded the VPs of the Great Power with the most VPs listed on the Territory, when Protectorate is played on that Territory. --Although the Great Power you cite in OMGTAAIMH is the UK not GB.

Protectorate itself can be Vetoed as it's played, or if the Territory it's attached to is Traded away, it goes to the Discards.

The UK can use its Sovereign Power at the end of the game to double the VP of any one of its Territories, including one boosted by Protectorate-- so a Trieste Protectorate would hand the UK 8 VP. Keep an eye on that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.