Hi there. One think I like to do is create notation systems for games. I think this game leads to this pretty well, so the system is pretty simple.
Spaces in the Ba Gua are designated by their uppercase capital, except N for Wind (since W is taken by Water)
Spirit phase is notated by the station you pick up, then a sequence of lowercase w and b to indicate the drops and then the final destination. The sequence of drops can be omitted in Grasshopper games.
This also helps with Master games. HbbF, but HwwW. (This is the only thing I'm not so sure about, w and W are pretty similar and may cause confusion. I might need to use different symbols for the stone colors).
The Matter phase is just a matter of notating the destination square of the head, chess style. The white dragon begins the game on a7, the black dragon does so on g1.
For instance, a valid starting move, Monk mode, could be: 1. WbwH - a5.
Putting an x after the coordinate indicates a bite. For Fire and Water, use + for an absorption, and for an expulsion use the x followed by the notation of the square hit. Note that bites don't have a coordinate after the x.
Odds and Ends
- Use the same symbols for attacks on destructible rocks. For trampling, use ! or !! depending of damage. Also use ! if you receive one damage because of not being able to move, without coordinate.
- Movement through portals doesn't require any special notation IMHO, just the location of the head. If it's far away of where it was before the move, it should be obvious what happened.
- Focus effect is indicated by parenthesis. First notate the Spirit phase as normal, then focus move in parenthesis, prefixing FW or FB, then normal move.
- Balance is just indicated with w=b, or b=w, again in parenthesis. The color that is changing its stats goes on the left.
To Do: I may need something special for the Tiger. I don't know, I haven't tried that yet. The four seasons, I don't know if they require notation, but should be easy anyway.
- Last edited Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:32 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:28 am