Subject: Black Dart Outside Quest Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Chesbro
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
I was playing the Battle of the Pellennor Fields and revealed Black Dart at the end of the planning phase as a result of the stage 2A when revealed effect. Black Dart reads ‘Remove a hero you control from the quest and attach Black Dart to that hero.’ Do I choose a hero to attach Black Dart or do I ignore this effect?
I wish I had A Test of Will...

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you can't remove a hero from the quest, the second part doesn't trigger. So, it does nothing. Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Parker

Indiana
msg tools
mb
But it doesn't say "then" --- shouldn't you have to resolve this as much as able? So, still attach the dart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
I guess the key phrasing here is "that hero". Since you never removed anyone from the quest, there is no "that hero" to refer to.

If the effects were supposed to be independent, you'd need some sort of wording like: Choose a Hero you control. Full Stop. Remove that hero from the quest and attach Dart to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Parker

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Oh I see, right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Chesbro
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Great! Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.