6 Posts

Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aftershocks to finish the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lisa Romano
United States
flag msg tools
When an aftershock is the last event in the deck (has happened in both of my games); which landforms are active for those 200 million years? Does activity behave like deciding player order in this case; thus using the active landforms from the previous card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aftershocks - I prefer to draw them as the first card of the game.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Argento
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drgnlis wrote:
When an aftershock is the last event in the deck (has happened in both of my games); which landforms are active for those 200 million years? Does activity behave like deciding player order in this case; thus using the active landforms from the previous card?

It has happened to me a lot of times too and I asked Phil Eklund directly:
Phil Eklund wrote:
Because each turn must have a non-aftershock to complete it, you will need to shuffle the deck and draw an extra card to end the turn if you run out of events (protozoroic events)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you always shuffle the whole deck, or do you keep the last few events if you have a "three same climate icons in a row" thing going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bottom event card was removed during the setup. I'd use that one. If it is also an Aftershock, then shuffle the event cards from the last era, keeping a note of Armageddon streak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reyes
msg tools
mb
team_bonnie wrote:
The bottom event card was removed during the setup. I'd use that one. If it is also an Aftershock, then shuffle the event cards from the last era, keeping a note of Armageddon streak.

This is a very good way of resolving it. It has never happened to me, but I think if the situation requires it, i'll do it like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.