Subject: Marked poker chip. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvir
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game and I am super excited to play it with the hubbie. However, I just noticed that the back of one of the poker chips is "marked"; the graphical paper in the middle of the chip is actually bent. So I know that that particular chip is always "B" even if it's faced down.

To the experienced players out there, is this a cause for concern and will it affect game play? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, contact the publisher, they'll replace it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Sylvir wrote:
I just got this game and I am super excited to play it with the hubbie. However, I just noticed that the back of one of the poker chips is "marked"; the graphical paper in the middle of the chip is actually bent. So I know that that particular chip is always "B" even if it's faced down.

To the experienced players out there, is this a cause for concern and will it affect game play? Thanks!

It would definitely effect the game if you placed the tile down and the other player knew about it and then placed their tile after you.

However, in my experience, the tiles are placed face down for such a short period of time on the board that it could easily be avoided with little effect in the gameplay experience.

Either both place your tiles at the same time, have the other player place first, or simply don't use the spots on the board and just hold the chips in your hand until it's time to reveal them ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvir
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, thanks for all the input! I will contact the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.