Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Curious about painting the minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good links or videos that has a resources about painting the gloomhaven minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried searching youtube?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Evans
United States
Dayton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
I painted my starting class heroes today. I did them much like I do the Reaper minis for D&D. I mostly used basic techniques as I am devoid of any real talent. I based my color scheme off of the picture on the character mat, but I still like to do a Google search to get a few ideas.

Now that I am done, I would say the Google image search was more help. There is more detail in the picture than on the minis. After priming, I did a basecoat in a dark color, wash all of them in black, then drybrush more than I usually do. The only thing left was to dot a few eyes, nose holes for the Brute, then I put down a thick coat on the base with the closest color I had to the character mat for each character. I finish all my minis with a gloss finish for protection. I was a little out of practice as I have painted nothing but Arcadia Quest chibis for the better part of six months.

Overall, they look pretty good. I have the broken token insert coming later in the week and I've been trying to put off breaking everything out until I had a proper storage solution. With that said, I can not wait to do nothing but Gloomhaven next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rbsk214 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good links or videos that has a resources about painting the gloomhaven minis

Try Google.

https://www.google.cz/search?q=gloomhaven+miniatures+paintin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob from the dice tower has a good video on two of the starter characters. The video says part one, but as far as I can tell, there is no second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_slbFUg54&t=113s

General guidelines, though, are to prime it, paint the hardest to reach parts first, water down your paints (if you are using acrylics), do multiple layers, use a wash with a darker color to bring out the details, dry brush (usually with a lighter color), and finally to seal it when you’re done (I use a polyurethane spray). I was amazed how well mine turned out using these simple rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
And post pictures when you're done! I've been enjoying looking at everyone's finished products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two of them painted so far.

I don't own an air brush, so the Spellweaver's orbs were painted by wet-blending about seven different shades to form a gradient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A.
msg tools
mb
This guy does a pretty good job of explaining what he's doing. A beginner could follow it pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLqzHH8CQek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Miller
United States
Cleveland
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
I have two of them painted so far.

I don't own an air brush, so the Spellweaver's orbs were painted by wet-blending about seven different shades to form a gradient.

How did you prime these? Zenithal? Or just black? They are both phenomenal. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.