Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Esmeralda's Special Ability Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross Richard
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Esmeralda's special ability states that "Fugitives on board cannot be seized by the Alliance."

1) I made the assumption that this refers to the Alliance Contact which specifies that all fugitives are seized. Does the special ability also curtails the Customs Inspection card (which also states that Contraband & Fugitives not in your Stash are seized)?

2) Is the Operative's Corvette considered part of the Alliance (allowing Esmeralda's special ability to apply)? On the Corvette Contact card, it only states that an outlaw ship must "discard all Fugitive Tokens not in your Stash."

I'm still trying to get my head around how to play with the Esmeralda in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, since anything that occurs in Alliance Space from a Nav Card is the Alliance doing it (in an abstract way, rather than directly by, for example, having the Cruiser turn up in your Sector). So Customs Inspections are an Alliance inspection.

2) Yes, the Operative works for the Alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.