Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Thorold
United Kingdom
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel really stupid for asking this question, but can't seem to find an explanation anywhere in the manual, FAQ or this forum and no-one else seems to be having a problem with it! On the artefact cards there are the symbols for light, neutral and dark with a power level. My question is - is this a minimum for using the artefact or a maximum level that can be used - e.g. on the Medical Droids artefact there is a 2 light, 1 neutral and 1 dark - this seems to indicate that it's a max as you would expect light to be better at this than dark - is this the case or is there another explanation which I'm totally not seeing!!

Thanks
Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number and symbol shows how much of "X" in the text you will get, depending on the symbol on your current level (the top level you have reached) of the Ideology of you empire. That symbol is your current allignment and thus it effects how artifacts and agents will work for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
swYck wrote:
The number and symbol shows how much of "X" in the text you will get, depending on the symbol on your current level (the top level you have reached) of the Ideology of you empire. That symbol is your current allignment and thus it effects how artifacts and agents will work for you.

So you were right OP, light is supposed to be better at it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Thorold
United Kingdom
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol.... thanks both... I see now that I was thinking the x for the current power was the level in the current power - which has nothing to do with this at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
To be honest, I struggled with it too at first.

Or rather, I didn't get what the X was supposed to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.