Calixtus Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
Do all units in contact with the unit retreating, get to do a Leaving-Engagement Attack?

And also, do you get to gain a Toughness bonus from being a Defender on an Elevated Position?

By this game is bloody fun. First game in, and my Blue entirely dominated my brother's gf's Red. Seems like Red sucks. Which is kind of bad for balance, like for instance, the very weak and imbalanced card of Circle of Flame. What's the point of it really? If it is a Circle of Flame, I think we should houserule it that all enemy units adjacent and in contact with the target friendly unit with damage markers suffer +1 damage. Good idea? I don't see the point of Circle of Flame then, except as a cheap Spell Attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Millen
United Kingdom
Greyabbey
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
Calixtus wrote:
Do all units in contact with the unit retreating, get to do a Leaving-Engagement Attack?


Yes-see page 10 Multiple engagements and example 12: ...your opponent may roll one die for each Pummelroot Elemental.

Calixtus wrote:

And also, do you get to gain a Toughness bonus from being a Defender on an Elevated Position?


Yes - see page 11 Height advantage. ...the higher figure has height advantage and rolls one extra die in either attack or defense.

Calixtus wrote:

By this game is bloody fun. First game in, and my Blue entirely dominated my brother's gf's Red. Seems like Red sucks. Which is kind of bad for balance, like for instance, the very weak and imbalanced card of Circle of Flame. What's the point of it really? If it is a Circle of Flame, I think we should houserule it that all enemy units adjacent and in contact with the target friendly unit with damage markers suffer +1 damage. Good idea? I don't see the point of Circle of Flame then, except as a cheap Spell Attack.


Couldn't say, I detest Red.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
Is it true too that let's say you are Leaving-Engagements with two or three creatures, and all of them are in contact with the same Enemy Units, I am imagining the Enemy gets to choose which of the retreating creatures get to receiving the Leaving-Engagement Attack?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calixtus wrote:
Is it true too that let's say you are Leaving-Engagements with two or three creatures, and all of them are in contact with the same Enemy Units, I am imagining the Enemy gets to choose which of the retreating creatures get to receiving the Leaving-Engagement Attack?
When moving figures for an army card, each figure completes it move before the next figure is moved. So if your two figures are each engaged with two opponent figures, the first figure moved has to deal with leaving engagement rolls when it leaves engagement. When the second figure moves away, it also has to deal with leaving engagement rolls. An opponent's figure could roll leaving engagement more than once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Calixtus wrote:
Is it true too that let's say you are Leaving-Engagements with two or three creatures, and all of them are in contact with the same Enemy Units, I am imagining the Enemy gets to choose which of the retreating creatures get to receiving the Leaving-Engagement Attack?


When disengaging, each creature that was stepped away from gets to roll a single die for the disengagement strike immediately. That means if you stepped away from 2 figures by moving one hex, two dice would be rolled against you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.