Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,
I'm interested in getting this game -- but where do I start?
Should I wait for the 2nd edition? Should I grab the base game and some season books?
Is it even still sold anywhere? couldn't really find it.

Is there a release date for the 2nd edition? I couldn't find it either, not even a pre-order.

And another question - would you say it's possible to have a session in 30-40 minutes? (after a few games of course)
No problem in using a timer if needed, but I don't want it to feel too rushed or limiting either.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Moshe,

New edition is out at the end of March, I'd expect pre-orders to be up a little while before that. Kickstarter backers received the game earlier this month (some may still be in transit) so the new edition is only starting to get talked about in any depth now.

In terms of rules I would wait until the release of the 2nd edition, as the rules have been condensed and streamlined a good bit and content in season books etc will have been revised and included.

The retail package will be a standard 2 player set, so it'll be a perfect place to start - all the content you need and a "getting started" guide is included too.

Once you are familiar with the game, 40mins should be possible, some games may even play faster depending on how you do.

Tournaments typically allow for 50 - 70 minutes and that includes recording results & setup etc

If you are interested in getting to see what some of the noise is about before you buy, head over to the DreadBall fanatics facebook group and you will be able to see Kickstarter backers and long term players (and some new) asking questions, sharing tips and games/results, painting miniatures etc plus links to events too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/482512038434206/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
I'll definitely take a look, and March is close enough that I can wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 1st Edition set that has been opened, both teams fully painted, but the game has never been played. Please send a gm if your interested and I can send pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Pre-orders from 1st Feb

Game launches to retail on March 26th

Quick Trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/manticgames/videos/1015593880605731...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.