Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Just re reading the rules getting ready for our first play. And came with few questions. How do you keep track of the loan each player has and amount that you need to pay? I can’t see any markers. Do you just write it down? This is important as player with debt cannot buy any further shares.

I just want to know what is the practical way you guys do this? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
We write it on a piece of paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just wrote it down on a piece of paper. When someone paid off a loan, we marked it, leaving the amount still visible, so you could subtract it at the end of the game.

It can be any amount, so there is no real way of keeping track of it with markers or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Hi! Just re reading the rules getting ready for our first play. And came with few questions. How do you keep track of the loan each player has and amount that you need to pay? I can’t see any markers. Do you just write it down? This is important as player with debt cannot buy any further shares.

I just want to know what is the practical way you guys do this? Thanks!

We just set aside a stack of chips that must be "re-purchased" before shares can be bought. And a similar stack of chips that is the end game penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.