Subject: Add parts to base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurice Lutterot
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it make sense to use the new scenarios, major/minor powers and/or spirits from this expansion with the base game without yet adding the new tokens and events?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion spirits rely on the tokens, as do about half of the major/minor powers. Offhand, I don't think any of the scenarios require tokens.

There's a FAQ on this: https://www.querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.7w4g8ow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub lukas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I just open the expansion box and mix every decks etc. with base game aka major powers with major powers and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twix_cz wrote:
Can I just open the expansion box and mix every decks etc. with base game aka major powers with major powers and so on.

Yes.

Branch and Claw rules pg. 6 wrote:
Most expansion materials are simply added to the equivalent base-game materials.

Minor and Major Powers, Blight Cards, and Fear Cards are all mixed in with other cards of that type.

Spirits, Adversaries, and Scenarios are added to the available options from which to pick. Several of the new Scenarios use the Scenario Markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twix_cz wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. It is standard to mix in those powers with the other decks. But about half of those powers refer to the tokens used in the expansion, and will need adjustments to use them separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, has anyone figured a way to successfuly store the expansion inside the base game box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
On a related note, has anyone figured a way to successfuly store the expansion inside the base game box?

I can’t even store the base game in the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Lutterot
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

I bought foamcore and copied the insert another boardgame geek made. It fits the base game, the branch and claw expansion and the promos, all sleeved. I didn't make the small box for the spirit specific cards (powers and rules references) because these cards don't move anyway in this configuration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had partial success by swapping out the two small trays from the core box with the single large tray from the expansion.

The resulting gap was just a bit too narrow for a small tray but comfortably held the ziplock bags of the small bits. On top of that I put the rules and the map board pieces. The box lid is now elevated about 3/4 inch but it's still secure. Not the best but not too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

If you remove all trays its possible, yes.

I have base+expansion+promos in the base box, but could only keep one tray in there (a small one with 4 holes in it). I could probably fit 2 more spirits and 2 more boards in as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katha
Germany
flag msg tools
Robrob wrote:

I actually made two trays out of wood:

for tokens, and spirit panels.

for cards, adversaries/szenarios and the invader boards. (Also needs to take some extra tokens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.